eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Postage and Shipping

Forum Newbie
    View chica828's Feedback (+87)
    All-About chica828
    View chica828's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Postage and Shipping

I am new to this and want to sell but I can't figure out the shipping details. Can anyone help?

Forum Newbie
    All-About chica828
    View chica828's Listings
    Forum Posts

I tried to use the shipping calculator but I need the zip for the destination. I don't know that until the item sells. I don't know what I am doing wrong. How do you calulate shipping? Thanks for relpying.
    Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by bournetrends36 View Post
    Hi
    I have emailed someone on here raindropsie2 I think that they could help so hopefully they will reply here soon to you.

Sadly I cannot advise on this as I am in the UK and never ever used the American / Canadian postage calculator. But I would assume that the winning buyer would input the details to find out their actual postage cost, but I may be wrong.

No doubt someone from the USA or Canada will be able to advise in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by bournetrends36 View Post
    Thanks for doing that raindropsies do you think ken might know?

I think that someone will know, and this could be anyone, but I would think it would be someone in the USA or Canada. The answer will come, it may just take a while. The only person I think that may know, (purly due to the amount of listings they have) is betamonline. But like I say, someone will know, it's just going to be a waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by chica828 View Post
    I am new to this and want to sell but I can't figure out the shipping details. Can anyone help?

Hi! I understand that Ebid's postage calculator will be up and running any day now...last minute bugs?! Once up and running, you should only have to enter your item's weight and any packing costs along with your shipping methods (domestic and international) when listing your item, and the calculator will do the rest. When someone looks over your listing, they will be able to see the shipping options and costs based on THEIR zip code or country...just like on E**y.

In the meantime, I have been using USPS.com's postage calculator when I have a sale (though I haven't had any in a while *sigh*). You can also take a look at my About Me page. I include the item weight on my listing, then refer potential customers to my "Me" page so they can get a good idea of the shipping cost. I also invite potential customers to contact me with their shipping info, and I'll calculate everything for them.

I knew the answer would come along soon

Forum Newbie
    All-About chica828
    View chica828's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Postage and Shipping

Thanks for all your help I appreciate it.

You're welcome! Good luck with your sales!!!

Lori )

the postage calculator is coming... along with a type of turbo lister (it will be called ninja lister here) but due to a DoS attack about 2 weeks ago everything was put on the back burner until they sorted that out.

Thread Information