eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Admin DO SOMETHING

Thumbs down Admin DO SOMETHING

Lets see if this works !!

I sent a message about an auction I wasnt sure about, through the contact us page, 2 days later the auction finished and the message I posted hadnt been answered. I went personally to collect the item, and sure enough it was a scam. I then sent another message through the contact us page, still no reply, when will someone who gives a monkeys up in the Ebid main office actually take a bit of time to look after one of their flock !!!!

I am now out of pocket due to a trip from Stoke to Doncaster which could have been avoided if someone had done some simple checks as requested !!

Mad
    If your eyes are round......how can you see out of the corners of them??..!!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Calbri

Looks like admin have done something.....the "seller" has a strikethrough now

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Why did you bid if you were not sure.Next time get some advice on the boards BEFORE you bid.Admin are great over here but they cant think for you.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

so let me see.... you saw an auction you were not to sure about.... you asked a question to the seller.... they didn't reply but you bid on it anyway.... you then drove all the way to doncaster even though you thought it was a scam.... and it's ebid fault.... HOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    so let me see.... you saw an auction you were not to sure about.... you asked a question to the seller.... they didn't reply but you bid on it anyway.... you then drove all the way to doncaster even though you thought it was a scam.... and it's ebid fault.... HOW!!!
    Because it wasnt the seller I asked a question to it was Ebid !!....I sent a message through the contact us asking if they would kindly look into the sellers credentials as I wasnt sure.... as for the strikethrough on the seller that automatically happened when I placed a negative feedback on the listing. I did my bit, I asked first, got no response but really wanted the item, so to cut losses and instead of throwing £65.00 to who knows where I went in person so I had the goods in my hand. But as it proves, three messages later and STILL no response from the admin behind this site !!

Please provide us with the ticket reference number and we will look into the matter.
    http://www.ebid.net
    Home of the Zero Fee Online Auction
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterward2000 View Post
    Why did you bid if you were not sure.Next time get some advice on the boards BEFORE you bid.Admin are great over here but they cant think for you.
    They dont need to think for me....I sent them a message two days before auction ended, and one just after getting back from the scammer and this one in the forum....what more do they need ??
    As for getting advice from the "boards", what help would that be, would someone of gone around and knocked on the door before I travelled to collect? I think not ! The "boards" havnt got the access to the information that I was requesting the admin to look into have they?
    Last edited by calbri; 7th July 2008 at 02:36 PM.

calbri you did all the right things including going to pick item up, look at it from this point of view your insticts could have been wrong you could have gone there and got yourself an absolute bargain? As it was you instinct was correct and only lost out time and fuel. I know its frustrating to not get a response from admin but they can only do so much, so far I have been very pleased with the responses I have had back from them but know that at some point they will not answer a question, I would put this one down to experience and give yourself a pat on the back for spotting a scam, at least you are sensible enough to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Please provide us with the ticket reference number and we will look into the matter.
    There wasnt a ticket reference given, I filled out the form on this http://uk.ebid.net/contact.php page and submitted it once 2 days before auction finished and again on Saturday, if the contact form is supposed to give a ticket number then there is something amiss because it failed to do so. The auction in question was this one..
    1214946466-13978-1

Hmmm brand new user with supposedly 15 recently released electronic items listed on a 3 day auction! Had scam written all over it! Thankfully you only wasted time and petrol, else I assume you would be screaming you had lost money as well.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information