Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is an e-cheque?

Hi Waterlily,

That is how I pay most of the time too - but the way it was worded - I had to go in and change it because I thought that is what you wanted.

If you want me to send you payment instantly - just send me a nother invoice and I will pay that straight away and then you can reject the other two small payments. I don't mind which way it happens.

I just didn't want you to be out of pocket with fees through Paypal - which is why I asked first.

I was trying to help with your first sale - not make it more complicated for you LOL Sorry.

Jules
    There is now a mini-mall all of its own with several different departments from you to browse through and choose the items you would like to purchase.

http://for-everything-genealogy.ebid.net/
    Together Lets Discover Your Past

No problem, it was really confusing when I started it. I think I'll re-word future requests.

We'll see how it goes, just beware I may need another payment. It's the first time I've had an e-cheque payment so it is a bit new to me. I won't charge you again if it goes through normally though.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to thank everyone for the information. Now I also know what to do

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

An e-cheque happens when payment is funded by the payer's bank, not from paypal balance or credit card. The dire warnings for it taking a long time are from a UK poster... with good reason! Here in the UK clearance of e-cheques usually takes 10 days. In the US it takes just a couple. This is because paypal's bank is in the US and it takes much longer for them to interface with the UK banking system. How this will work in Australia remains to be seen - I'd be interested to hear how long clearance takes for you, if you wouldn't mind reporting back.

As far as I understand it, an e-cheque is usually used if the purchaser has paid by a credit/debit card or from money from a bank account, or if the registered credit/debit card is near to the expirey date, this does not apply if the purchaser has a merchant/business account with paypal. in the UK e-cheques take 10 days to clear to your paypal account, the three day rule as far as I know only applys to the USA. apart from the wait e-cheques are usually ok but do not send items untill notified that it has cleared by paypal.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

To put a few peoples minds at rest I have had loads of echeques and only ever had a problem with one.

A echeque can bounce like a normal cheque, if the buyer doesn't have the funds in their bank to cover the amount then the cheque will not clear.

Quite often a buyer isn't aware that they've paid by echeque and it's always a good idea to let them know that their payment has come in this way and that they will have quite a wait before their goods are posted. I normally give the buyer the expected clearing date and also inform them closer to the time that the date is still the same from Paypal information. I also mail them immediately it clears and tell them their item has been posted.

If your buyers decide they don't want to wait you can always ask them to cancel the payment and repay by funding their account with a credit or debit card.

E cheques are a pain, but only because you have such a long wait before they clear.

xxx

Click above link to visit my store

Dee's stores of designer ladies fashions, high class gifts and fantastic shoes, bags & boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/deesigners...bags-and-boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bulgarian-Homes4U-Houses-Villas-Land-Apartments

Hi - the buyer here.

My Paypal account is a Business account - and has no credit or debit card attached to it.

I have had plenty of e-cheques for selling too - up until now they haven't been a problem.

Waterlily - will just wait to hear from you.

Regards

Julie
    There is now a mini-mall all of its own with several different departments from you to browse through and choose the items you would like to purchase.

Julie,

I hope I have not offended you with my previous replies.

I was just stating my own opinion on echeques from my experiance as the question was asked what is an echeque.

If you feel offended by my post, I whole heartedly appologise

No raindropsies,

I am usually just the biggest chicken going when it comes to forums - I usually run the other way.

I wasn't offended - so long as Waterlily gets her money - that is what I want to happen - quickly and painlessly for their first sale.

I am still finding my feet here myself on this site - but hopefully I haven't fallen into a puddle along the way.

Jules

Thought I might come and see what people have said about the echeque thing before bedtime. I hope it isn't 10 days! First time is always a bit scary with these things, but I have to start somewhere!

Thread Information