My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is an e-cheque?

You'll be very lucky if a echeque clears before 10 days, I have had some take up to 14!

Most of my buyers have been shocked when I've told them about the clearing times but there's not a great deal you can do.

It's nothing to do with eBid, it's a Paypal thing unfortunately.

At least on eBid we don't have to worry about seller dashboards

Click above link to visit my store

Dee's stores of designer ladies fashions, high class gifts and fantastic shoes, bags & boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/deesigners...bags-and-boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bulgarian-Homes4U-Houses-Villas-Land-Apartments

I think a lot of buyers dont actually realise they are paying by E/cheque,
    ive always got 1 or 2 pending and have never had a problem with them.
    As i sell low value items i just post the goods same day payment is made
    although Paypal dont recomend this .
    And yes a fee is charged by Paypal just like a normal payment much the pity.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting to learn buyers sometimes aren't aware they're paying by e-check in PayPal.

As a US seller (on the dark side), i found e-checks almost NEVER cleared in 3 days. It was often 5 or even more. PP counts only business days so weekends slow it down.

I also bought shipping labels/postage from PP and if somebody paid by e-check, PP would not sell me these until the check cleared, so it was almost impossible to ship before that happened, even if i wanted to.

Buyers don't know they have paid by echeque?

That's a bit of a worry, I have never emailed my buyers to inform them that paypal have advised to not send the goods until the echeque has cleared.

I always assumed that paypal emailed them the same info as me, is this not the case?

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hm. I've never knowingly paid by e-check. It's always been my existing PP balance, which I check before I buy something. Money has been input to that balance from sales I made on the dark side (in the PAST, mind you!). I did include in the after-auction message I sent buyers the reminder that they could pay me with PP, personal check or money order, and if it was PP e-check, that PP took several days to clear. I suppose I should have specified the difference between EXISTING BALANCE in PP and using a check. One never knows how carefully people read such messages anyway.

One down, one to go! One e-cheque cleared this morning. I didn't get charged anything by PayPal either.

Morning

A buyer who paid by echeque a while back on the other side refused to accept that it should take longer to clear than a normal payment. I kept them fully informed by email about the progress of their payment, mailed them again on the day it cleared and even upgraded their postage to first class to make sure they got the item as quickly as possible.

They still left feedback saying 'slow to post'

Click above link to visit my store

Dee's stores of designer ladies fashions, high class gifts and fantastic shoes, bags & boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/deesigners...bags-and-boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bulgarian-Homes4U-Houses-Villas-Land-Apartments

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great news. That's much more like the US timing, lucky Australia! So it's only us Brits that get clobbered... again. Sheesh, no wonder Poms whinge, eh?

Well, I'm getting semi-clobbered if you like bykimbo - one still hasn't cleared.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a bore for you Were the buyers in different countries? I know it's none of my business, but it's useful to understand what happens if you don't mind telling!

Thread Information