Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Ebid Gestapo

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

When it's all said & done, I think the main reason we are all here is to buy , sell or socialize. I tripped into a real old thread a day or so ago, and I think the spirit of that thread has spilled into this thread. As I was explaining in the other thread, which by the way got a little spring cleaning, I'm a relatively tolerant sort. I do like it when people are different than me.

I lived in Great Britain for a while; developed friendships & our daily sport was to tease each other about their country. When it was all said & done, we stayed friends. Why my first born was even born over there.

Let's not forget why we are here.

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

While pi**d might not be considered a swear word, the fact is it IS offensive to some. There's a difference, you know, between a swear word and a word just being offensive to someone.

I agree with whoever said using swear words shows a lack of vocabulary and I would also think lack of imagination to come up with other words.

I think some people use these words so much in their everyday vocabulary that it seems normal and unoffensive to them. They don't realize that there are people out there who actually DON'T talk this way. Go figure. Like myself, such words are simply not in their vocabulary and it would be ABnormal for them to use them.

Better to spend a moment and think before posting. Why use such words when another like "upset" will suffice.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    to me, hilarious means laugh out loud funny; physically grinning funny; brighten up the day humorous. Hm does it mean insane or literally hysterical on the east side of the pond? Just guessing.

It means the same here. I think somebody was suggesting this thread wasn't as funny as all that. Humour's a very subjective thing!

Thread Information