Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wondering about telling feebayer about ebid

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Wondering about telling feebayer about ebid

I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right place but I was browsing through a feebay sellers store and clicked on an item and read through the description and this person went on about all the fees there, (first to list, then the final, then paypoo, etc.) and that's why he or she charges so much for handling fee. I just got to thinking I would love to tell this person about ebid. My fingers are itching to send him a note but I sure don't want it to backfire on me. I still have some business over there. Never know how people are going to react. He or she sounded like someone who'd love to know about ebid if all the fees over there are upseting.

What would anyone else here do? Or has anyone sent such a note to a seller over there?

Thanks.
    Last edited by zapit65; 16th July 2008 at 05:45 AM.

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I have, when they are whining and complaining about their circumstance, I have been known to tell them that whenever they are ready to give it up, that there is a place where it's free, fun and relaxed. eBid.

My EBID Buddies

http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?ref=gramma1111&mo=register-main

Ya'll Be Sure to Visit My Store

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Grammas-This-and-That

I'VE SLASHED PRICES, COME CHECK IT OUT

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would only mention it in the course of a "conversation" with them, if I was involved in a deal with them anyway. I wouldn't approach a seller out of the blue for something like that. You just don't know how people will take things. Even on here, a friendly a place as you could hope to find, I've seen help and advice offered taken as a deadly insult and people get upset. Is it worth risking your selling account over?

ditto gramma,
    I have told many of the people I dealt with on ebay and also sent info and the link for this site to everyone on my email list.

The more the word gets out, and dissatisfied people leaving ebay come here rather than scatter to the four winds, the better. It would be nice to make ebid as big as ebay but without all the hassle of high fees and having to compete with large groups of powersellers to flood the marketplace with thousands of identical listings. I have heard from many ebay shoppers that they don't like having to scroll through all these generic cloned listings to find a "normal" seller.

I have already heard back from some of the people I contacted and they are strongly considering switching over to ebid. Others, who have shied away from going to ebay because of all the bad karma are also considering giving ebid a try.

So that's good news folks! Keep spreading the word.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Siggy, just a minor point... you say you've told "many of the people I dealt with", but the OP is asking about approaching somebody s/he *hasn't* dealt with. I think that's completely different. Would you approach an anonymous feebayer you hadn't previously been dealing with, in this way?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would only approach a seller I didn't know using my posting id
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I have in the past told a seller if they list the item on Ebid i will buy it.

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Hi Siggy, just a minor point... you say you've told "many of the people I dealt with", but the OP is asking about approaching somebody s/he *hasn't* dealt with. I think that's completely different. Would you approach an anonymous feebayer you hadn't previously been dealing with, in this way?
    I suppose I should have clarified myself, yes these where people I had dealings with. But then again what got me here was reading on a forum and someone in a very secretive way suggested they go to a particular website, and checkout the listing directly under feebay. Being the curious person I am, I went there and Vola, directly under feebay was the rising star of eBid. Again being curious, I came here to check you folks out, immediately scanned the forums, as you can tell a lot about a place through them, I knew this was where I wanted to be. Oh and by the way when tell people about eBid I always tell them to scan the forums!

My EBID Buddies

http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?ref=gramma1111&mo=register-main

Ya'll Be Sure to Visit My Store

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Grammas-This-and-That

I'VE SLASHED PRICES, COME CHECK IT OUT

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I would only approach a seller I didn't know using my posting id
    Good point! Though sadly, if they do report you, ebay can join the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    I have in the past told a seller if they list the item on Ebid i will buy it.
    I don't go near e**y anymore, but I know people who still do (to be fair, listings here aren't as populated yet). I say to them to do just as you have done, but they seem to be a bit shy about doing this.

I would be interested to know if your seller listed the item here and you made a succesful transaction?
    Last edited by booksforsale; 15th July 2008 at 11:41 PM.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information