My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Why oh Why oh Why

Default Why oh Why oh Why

I cannot for the life of me understand the mentality or business sense of the following.

Not long ago, in the suggestions forum here, a new member (joined less than 3 months ago) brought up the subject of television advertising as the ''be all and end all'' and the only way of getting more buyers to ebid. He/she was given various explanations for this not happening, and was also given various suggestions to assist him/her with sales here.

I tied a rope round my ankle last night, got a canary in a cage, and ventured over to the board on the other side.

Lo and behold - the same person above, was over there telling everyone how rubbish that ebid is.
    He / she has 6 items listed here - since 11 July - all ''run until sold'' - and was advising people not to bother coming here. It just does not make sense.

What is the reasoning behind someone paying for seller+ membership here then within a few days going off and start slagging the place off.

A few of us managed to get a response into the thread - but it was removed around 12.15 today.

I commented on that one in my other post on "ebid in the news" If people prefer that site then why are they wasting their time slagging other sites off.

Makes me wonder how many people on the forums sell on here but sit behind a posting ID and pretend that they we are doing badly to stop their competitors from joining this site???

What exactly has anyone to lose by making extra cash with no fees now and then. I know that it is not as powerful and fast as feebay but as long as you list at the correct price and be prepared to wait your items will sell.

this is the ebay user ID g.kidd and this is a copy of his post before it got pulled

"I decided to spread my selling wings and listed some of my normal feebay items on EB, WHAT a waste of time!! I have had zero sales in over two weeks, and I had to pay up front (I now know why). I have spoken to an awful lot of people recently and as of this moment in time, have yet to uncover a single person that has heard of it! Also I went on the forum suggesting that EB advertise much more (for the aforesaid reason) and EB REMOVED IT!!! I cannot believe it!!!! I reckon EB is run from a little lock-up in Brixton. So if you like I feel the urge to spread - forget it."
    Very rude poster, probably when his post was removed from here
    Last edited by This_year; 16th July 2008 at 12:44 PM.

Thread Information