My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New US Shipping Calculator

Thumbs up New US Shipping Calculator

Hello and thank you for the new calculator! I'm sure there will be a few glitches along the way but this is terrific!

I do have a question: How does a seller add insurance? Do we have to add it in as a packaging fee? There are times when I mandate included insurance if the item is high priced or fragile so I would not want it to be an optional add by the buyer. Also, if we do have to add insurance into a packaging fee, this is calculated by final selling price so how would you do that on an auction when you don't know the final price?

I totally agree with "GingerJar!!!" Thank you so much for addressing this issue and working so hard to make it happen! The calculator is so easy to use, it works perfectly, and I'm SURE it will help us sellers in the US sell more!!!

GingerJar...I would probably just add the cost of insurance to your bid START or BIN price, for those items you would be requiring insurance on so you know you are covered, no matter what the final price ends up being. Since insurance is calculated in $50 increments, it wouldn't end up costing you much if the item sold for more than you anticipated.

P.S. I'm originally from Boston/Brookline...small world, huh?!

Default Lorikeet

P.S. I'm originally from Boston/Brookline...small world, huh?![/quote]

Lorikeet - Wow! it IS a small world! I grew up in Newton and lived in Coolidge Corner, Brookline a very long time ago.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We will be able to add an insurance option, do you have an idea how this would work with our current listing procedure?

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We will be able to add an insurance option, do you have an idea how this would work with our current listing procedure?

Gazza
    Hi Gazza,

I'm not sure how you have the USPS system linked to our listing page, but could the insurance section be as "simple" as adding a drop down menu that says insurance required, optional, or not offered, following where sellers add (if any) the cost of handling?

If it's set up like the automatic calculator then it should add the correct amount of insurance the USPS charges depending on the item sale amount. If multiple items are purchased and on the same invoice the seller may need to edit the total, so the buyer isn't charges more than once.

Thread Information