Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Terms and conditions

I wouldn't buy either.

The sender of a parcel by Royal mail is the one who must make the claim if an item gets damaged. The law because the seller has bought the service from Royal Mail. The buyer then buys the shipping and packing service from the seller.

If the item is bought on a buy it now then the seller MUST stick to the distance selling laws whether private or business.

If sold on auction then the distance selling laws Do Not apply.

Therefore the seller is responsible for shipping TO the customer whatever and however he/ she sells.

I it is an auction then it is up to the seller whether to allow returns but MUST allow for returns if bought on a buy it Now.

I state I am responsible for shipping and will refund if item is lost or damaged in shipping and I refund as soon as I have recieved my compensation from Royal mail...( Sometimes before if it's only a small amount)
    Funnily enough in 5 years I have only made four refunds for this (Awaiting compensation for a 5th at the mo...but this is first courier claim not RM)
    Dunno whether I am just lucky or what!!!

I have had one or two "Try it on" but if it's valuable always send special delivery never Bother with recorded as did you know the recorded stickers easily come off on some of the plastic mailing sack???? and NEVER stick them to parcel tape... they peel off that too!!!

Anyways I hope my sales pages don't look so horribly aggressive as it really does put people off...Reminds me of That teacher everyone has had that stands and gets yer back up before she puts chalk to chalkboard!!!
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

This 'seller' has definitely gone over the top and is doing themselves no favours I totally agree.

But it's quite common to see this attitude all over auction sites (including this one) - many stick to the following phrase or similar:-

'I always obtain a certificate of posting and do not accept responsibility for loss or damage caused by postal services'

It's a much more polite way of putting it - but at the end of the day amounts to pretty much the same thing .

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default "Official" reply from RM.

Message received from Royal mail regarding who is responsible for lost or damaged goods;

"In order to complete a claim, we require the original receipt of posting.
    As the sender has this information along with more specific details of
    posting, we ask that the sender submit the claim. The recipient is welcome
    to submit this however if they get the proof of posting from the sender.

I hope this has been helpful. If you have any other enquiries, please do
    not hesitate to get back in touch.

Regards

Imogen Parker
    Customer Service Advisor"

Quote Originally Posted by GilfidianRudge View Post
    This 'seller' has definitely gone over the top and is doing themselves no favours I totally agree.

But it's quite common to see this attitude all over auction sites (including this one) - many stick to the following phrase or similar:-

'I always obtain a certificate of posting and do not accept responsibility for loss or damage caused by postal services'

It's a much more polite way of putting it - but at the end of the day amounts to pretty much the same thing .
    Just picking up this thread to report I narrowly avoided buying a book and a PC game over the weekend on e-Bid because of each seller's insistence that 'they are not liable ....etc'

As blue's post confirms .....it's great they have made the 'effort' to obtain proof of postage ....but they should also perhaps stress and accept that the responsiblity for any claim against RM still rests in their hands.

Arh well, it's up to them I suppose....the two items as usual were more than readily available 'elsewhere'

Thread Information