eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBid emails not being received

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    by the way, I have hotmail, so it isn't an ISP problem
    Actually, when this happened in the past, Hotmail WAS one of the causes of the problem. They were filtering the mail before it got to the user.

View rvhc's Feedback (+1153)
    All-About rvhc
    View rvhc's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not using Hotmail.

The email problem common denominator seems to be eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by booksgo View Post
    I'm not using Hotmail.

The email problem common denominator seems to be eBid.
    When this happened before it was down to several ISPs blocking or filtering the mail. The mail was leaving eBid correctly but not being received by the users. So the ISP IS a major factor.

Remember also that some ISPs are just trade names of other parent companies and, occasionally, one company can run several ISPs. Therefore if the protocols in place at that parent company cause a problem it will filter down to all the ISPs under them even though they have different names.

However, if you do not wish to share the basic details required to assist you with this issue, that is your choice. I've explained why they would be useful and can do no more to help you. So, as the Dragon's Den dragons say: I'm out.

All-About rvhc
    View rvhc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    However, if you do not wish to share the basic details required to assist you with this issue, that is your choice. I've explained why they would be useful and can do no more to help you. So, as the Dragon's Den dragons say: I'm out.
    Steady on! It's not like I'm asking for a lot of your money or anything :-)

I'm using Namesco...I think they quite big and run their own mail servers....

Im using hotmail but my ISP is Virgin they could be the problem amongst numerous other failures.

Never had an issue with hotmail. I normally have to mark as safe each time I have an email from a new sender. Which I personally think is a good thing.

All-About rvhc
    View rvhc's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've now had the AAL Shipping Details email (which I just entered) but no other emails relating to last nights sale.

I like Hotmail it spots phising mails straight away,im getting most of my Ebid mails except the News Letter and just one sale mail that nearly caught me out.

There have been known problems with eBid email getting blocked by
    AOL, BT/Yahoo & hotmail in the past.

I'm with blueyonder (now part of Virgin) plus I use the email address that comes with my domain name as well. I usually get the newsletter, & repost, new listing, ended listing mails ect with no problem, but haven't been receiving the PM email notifications for the last 2 or 3 weeks.
    I used to get them fine & haven't changed any of my settings.

Recently I haven't been getting the automated ticket responses from eBid either, I do get the proper responses (with the ticket number in the title) just not the automated ones.
    This is using 2 separate email accounts,& contacting them
    via the help page, & via email using both eBid.net & eBid.tv email addresses.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

It doesn't help that Ebid includes advertising in all the emails. When I first noticed this I was a bit shocked. Not because it seemed a tad unprofessional but because I knew it would cause many emails not being delivered because of spam filters. I'm sure the ads generate some revenue but is it worth the cost of causing communication problems for buyers and sellers?

Thread Information