Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to ship original software?

Forum Newbie
    All-About McTimer
    View McTimer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question How to ship original software?

I'm new to eBid. I currently use BidOrBuy.co.za. eBid's rules are a little different to Bid or Buy's.

I want to use eBid because it has a much bigger audience (with the potential of many more sales).

I have a cool piece of PDA software I would like to sell on eBid. I represent the software developers, and the packages I intend to supply are original versions direct from the software house. That's all cool and dandy.

The software and accompanying documentation are small enough to email. I would prefer to email it - it keeps the shipping cost to zero.

What is eBid's stance on this delivery mechanism - seeing as this is not an "information only" product like an ebook - but a tangible software product?

Would email delivery for this be acceptable, or would we have to cut CDs and post those? ... which would increase the total cost to the buyer, as well as take longer to deliver.

Some guidance on this please?

My understanding is that downloadable sales are not permitted on this site. You will need to send a tangible product (dvd/cd) through the post.

Hope this helps and good luck with your sales.

Forum Newbie
    All-About McTimer
    View McTimer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I suppose it HAS to have some kind of tracking number?

Any postal service tracking number? or does it have to be with a particular postal service? (note that the origin is South Africa).

I don't know what services are available in South Africa but sellers are responsible for seeing that the product reaches the buyer in the advertised condition. The best way I know of to do this is to use a tracked/signed for service although some sellers are able to underwrite occasional losses and will send by normal post.

Forum Newbie
    All-About McTimer
    View McTimer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks. Registered post it is then!

Thread Information