eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been and gone and done it

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just edited my 'about me' page on feebay so people know where I have gone.

My second ID got messed up by several numpty buyers so I am closing that account.

I'll leave the one with over 700+ 100% positive feedbacks - maybe people will cotton on that lots of the better sellers are leaving - not just the dross that the trolls keep telling people on the boards.

Well, I have to admit that I reopened my shop and added a few listings again last week.
    Since I closed it and pulled all my listings, hits to my website nosedived too, so I think there's a direct correlation between their rss feeds (or whatever it is they do) and google ranking.
    But on the plus side, I emailed all 200 of my subscribers today to point them in this direction.
    In a strange way, I hope I don't sell anything there which will prove that I had done the right thing to close it all down.
    I'll give it a month and study the figures.
    <a href=http://uk.ebid.net/stores/FudgeHeaven--the-best-shop-on-Ebid target=_blank>http://uk.ebid.net/stores/FudgeHeave...t-shop-on-Ebid</a>
    A taste of Heaven,
    made by a little Devil!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/FudgeHeave...t-shop-on-Ebid

Forum Newbie
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Feedback (+5)
    All-About BILLYBOWWOW
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I have done the same. Had nearly 500 books listed with them at one time, made powerseller, then got disillusioned with the greed and began to wind down, and also went pro on Amazon, over 960 listed there, and finally pulled my shop on ebay the other day, cos I don't want to give them another penny if I can help it. So I am slowly listing my stock on here. Hope it takes off.

What really pees me off, reading the discussion boards over there, are the people who say that it is a good thing, there will be more exposure for them, and that anyone who can't make up the increased fees isn't very good at their business anyway. Why should I give the largest piece of my earnings to ebay? And getting rid of the 'small' seller means a lot of the more unique, often downright unobtainable elsewhere, items won't be offered, which will take a lot of the fun out of browsing on Greedbay. Phew! Got that off me chest, I'm gonna list a few now! Good luck everybody.

Welcome to eBid Billybowwow
    Here's to wishing you lots of success Here.

Don't forget to put a link to your auctions in your forum sigi once you've got them up and running.

Forum Newbie
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Feedback (+5)
    All-About BILLYBOWWOW
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Listings
    Forum Posts

Y'know, another good thing about over here, apart from the friendliness and help, are the prices. Since fees are lower and people are still trying to attract customers, they are offering bargains. I bought two books yesterday that I really want to read, and they cost 2pence each with reasonable postage. I like it over here!

Thread Information