Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Universe Tugged by Mysterious 'Dark Flow'

Whale oil beef hooked.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Well, from what I can see, I agree with shezz in that there must be other plantets occupied by beings in this vast cosmos that we call the universe. Admited, they may not be Klingons, or Ferngis or Romulans, or even little green men, but there are so many things that we have yet to learn an discover about so many things.

On another note - if everything is being sucked into this dark flow, then it will only be a matter of time before earth gets drawn into the sideways shift; solving the environment problem for earths move to self destruct.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppa501 View Post
    You talkin' about curisoty shoppe's mother-in-law again?
    Who? Moi?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Space Hmmmmmm now that is one thing that really blows my mind, my mind cannot comprehend infinity, it's been brought up to accept really that there is a beginning and and end, a start and a finish that you can start off at one place and if you could travel in the same direction you would end up back to where you started.

But space is way to big for my tiny little brain

Ok dont really care what others think but i truly believe in alians, not little green men , but for something as vast as space, with trillions and trillions of other planets, can you really and honestly believe that the there is nothing else out there, c'mon only a closed mind imo would say no there is nuffing out.

it's the arrogance of mankind that believe we can be the only intelligent life around
    We are intelligent? Since when?

(btw my mind is wide open and there definitely is life out there far more superior to us)

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Something else to ponder

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Well, from what I can see, I agree with shezz in that there must be other plantets occupied by beings in this vast cosmos that we call the universe. Admited, they may not be Klingons, or Ferngis or Romulans, or even little green men, but there are so many things that we have yet to learn an discover about so many things.

On another note - if everything is being sucked into this dark flow, then it will only be a matter of time before earth gets drawn into the sideways shift; solving the environment problem for earths move to self destruct.
    Here's something else to occupy your time. I read an article awhile back talking about what intelligent(advanced)aliens might look like. A few interesting points were brought up. For instance--They would almost certainly have to have hands with opposable thumb/s. Technology requires the delicate manipulation of small objects which isn't possible with tenacles, claws, etc. Also they would need to have sterophonic(sp?) vision for the same reasons. This would mean that they would have to have at least 2 focusable eyes. Would need at least 2 legs for locomotion. All things considered this would probably result in a bi-lateral being very similar to us. What do you think?

Hmmm some very interesting thought. If there is intelligent life out there we may never see them. They'ld have one look at this planet and what we are doing and mark "detour here" on the star map!

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/UBUYWAREHOUSE
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you look at our solar system's position in our galaxy we tend to be on the fringe. This area is well known among intergalactics as a slum. This explains why no refined superior intelligence makes contact with us. When one can go to a galactic Katitche Point Greathouse why would one choose Kibera?

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

How exciting - a "twin universe". Or maybe it's a gateway to heaven or hell?

Quote Originally Posted by poppa501 View Post
    Here's something else to occupy your time. I read an article awhile back talking about what intelligent(advanced)aliens might look like. A few interesting points were brought up. For instance--They would almost certainly have to have hands with opposable thumb/s. Technology requires the delicate manipulation of small objects which isn't possible with tenacles, claws, etc. Also they would need to have sterophonic(sp?) vision for the same reasons. This would mean that they would have to have at least 2 focusable eyes. Would need at least 2 legs for locomotion. All things considered this would probably result in a bi-lateral being very similar to us. What do you think?
    Something like this then

I believe there must be other intelligent life out there in the universe. We (earth) cannot be the only planet with such.

Whether the life is more intelligent, or not as advanced as us, we will never know unless contact is made... but then........................... if 'they' make contact with us first, then I guess they are probably way more intelligent than us......

Thread Information