My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Digital design and copyright help needed please

Post Digital design and copyright help needed please

I have found a website where you can uploads your designs and they pay royaltys to you on every sale .The designs that i would like to create are for decoupage, background sheets, waterfall cards , teabag folding ect . I have a couple of questions i need the answers to
    1) What software would i be best using to create my own designs with, where i am not infringing any copyright rules
    2) As i must own the copyright to the designs i create how do i go about registering the copyright to my name
    I hope all this makes sence but i have only done it the old school way and hand painted and drew my previous designs
    Kayla

Choosing what tool to create your designs is really a matter of personal preference, something like Photoshop, PaintShop Pro,or even Paint that comes with windows. Learning to use a piece of software will take time to fully utilise it's potential.
    As regards copyright, the tools used are irrelevent, you own copyright by the act of creation of an original work, there is no particular need to register, though a Google on these matters and a bit of reading wouldn't go amiss.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thanks ken not sure waht tool to use yet but i have done some greeting card design ect before so i am familier with some of the tools .will google copyright as you sugested

You would be best to use a vector program like Illustrator or fireworks rather than a bitmap like Photoshop, that way you have more control over the design, better illustration tools and fully scalable images without pixellation. like all programs as ken said they take time to learn.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

um thanks stamps now i am confused as to which to use the criteria is
    File Type - All images must be saved in jpg format.

Page Size - Uploaded craft projects must have the following characteristics.

File Type - All images must be saved in jpg format.

Page Size - Uploaded craft projects must have the following characteristics.

Width588Height 832Resolution300 PixelsCompression 1

would the sugested pograms cover this ?
    Last edited by kaylacrafts; 7th October 2008 at 09:09 AM.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

copyright... you put the copyright symbol and your name and the year onto the bottom of the design and it is quite wise to create a paper copy, stick it in the post to yourself, recorded delivery and then keep the closed copy in case there is ever a court case - in extreme cases, post it to your solicitor but that is the counsel of perfection as they will charge you for storage of the item and probably only required if you are going to make a stack of money.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As your location is given as 'Home' I am not sure where that is. For information on copyright in the UK have a read of http://www.ipo.gov.uk/copy.htm

Thanks madeline , quad and astral
    Astral im in Devon,uk

Thread Information