Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there no protection

Default is there no protection

i bidded on a nintendo wii console games and wiifit 1223068028-24386-0 paid £192.50
    on mon paid for it with paypal with his paypal account tues today i see there is a line througe his name the other auctions he had on has gone.
    sent email to ebid support today asking what happen now with my goods, not herd anything back from them as yet.
    i dont have a lot and getting these for christmas presents
    do ebid have buyers protection
    Al
    Last edited by Alcollectabilia; 8th October 2008 at 08:27 PM.

If you paid with paypal then you must claim though paypal.Your dispute is with the buyer.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Your payment processor provides the protection you require. Once all attempts to contact the seller have been tried, an d a reasonable length of time has been allowed, you can use the dispute process provided by PaynPal if you feel it is necessary. Remember to leave appropriate feedback for your seller.

I'm not an expert but while the other people have been replying I have checked on P*yp*l site.

Yes - the way to go is open a dispute there. Just go to the transaction and open it from there.

QUOTE Reasons for opening a dispute include:
    • Item not received: You paid for an item but never received it

When you open a dispute, you'll inform P*yP*l about the type of problem you are having and then post a message explaining the situation to your seller.

Even if you've already emailed the seller you should still use the dispute resolution process because doing so ensures that your communication with the seller will be visible to P*yP*l if the dispute is escalated to a claim. Also, it increases the likelihood that the seller will take your concerns seriously and respond thoughtfully.

Try not to enter communication with the seller under the assumption that they are acting unfairly or unreasonably. Make it clear that you see the situation as resolvable and include some suggestions about how the seller can satisfy you. The vast majority of sellers welcome the opportunity to work out problem transactions and agree on a solution.

We’ll send an email to the seller letting them know that you have opened a dispute.

Have you tried emailing them with their address on contact details for the AAL or the P*yp*l email address if that is different?

It goes on...

Most disputes are resolved through open communication but, unfortunately, this is not always the case. Escalating to a P*yP*l claim is your best option when you and the seller cannot a*ree on a resolution within 20 days of the date the dispute was opened or if one party chooses not to communicate.

By escalating to a claim, you are asking P*yP*l to decide your case. P*yP*l will use the messages you and the seller exchanged during the dispute along with other information to determine the appropriate outcome.

You can respond to requests for information from P*yP*l and track progress of a claim in the Resolution Centre.

I guess this would rule in your favour. I don't think they can close their account if a dispute is unresolved.

Perhaps someone with more experience can "firm up" on this.. Hope this helps?

Tony

Store Link

Web Site Link

You Have To Laugh ;-)

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

op...have you tried to email the seller..there could be agood reason that his name has a cross through it...

OP did you fund the payment in paypal with you credit card? If so forget paypal, claim direct from CC company, you will have more success, and a lot faster as well. Then your credit card company will get the money off paypal

Op--hope for your sake it was cc funded.

If it's funded thru money held in your paypal account, paypal will take steps to recover it.However, if the seller has emptied their account, then there is no money to give back.

The third time this happened to me, i complained to the financial ombudsman as it's blatant fraud.
    24 hrs later, for the first and only time ever, paypal rang me (!) and apologised, and refunded the money (which was nice).

Hope you get the cash back in time for Xmas.

Default Buyer Protection

You got to be careful with Paypal, Ebid always reply, they give you a step by step of what to do, but paypal arn't as secure as people believe they now have a system which the auction has to be a buyer protection auction to be 100% covered. If you raise your dispute and mention you believe fraud is a possibility they are likely to listen to you quicker you should get a % of what you paid back, you may be lucky and get the whole amount. This has happened to me before, but i recommend paying with Google checkout, if something happens like this and you have paid with them they tell you to go to your bank and local police station which will both say they cant help, but then you tell google checkout this and they will email you a form to sign to say you have been to bank and police, once you return this to them they refund you in the full amount. This i have had to do twice and both times got a full refund with no questions.

Be careful with electronic items, like iphones, ipods, wii's, ps3 etc they are the main items for scammers. The majority of the time the deal is too good to be true. Dont pay them straight away, give them a few days, and see whether there is any forceful tone in there messages, that way you will no if they are just desperate to get your money, if this is the case they are likely to scammers.

Good Luck with getting your refund.

Thread Information