Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New Member Needs Help with Pictures.

Forum Newbie
    All-About KickItUpANotch
    View KickItUpANotch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool New Member Needs Help with Pictures.

I'm a new member and am trying my hardest to post 2 pictures onto my lising. Ive tried thru the listing page with the "Browse" button --non working from my end. So I then went to My Gallery and uploaded them to it. However, I can not figure out how to get them over to my lising page. What a pain. I should be able to browse them from my listing page, shouldn't I? I've never had any problems doing it with eBay nor Auctiva. Even though on my 4th try, it told me that my size should be no larger than 4? something. I have them as JPEG at 460 x 680. Isn't that a proper size. I'm so confused that I'm needing someone out here to help me thru it. Thanks.
    Kick It Up A Notch
    Malene M.

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your pictures need to be available from an online hosting source. A lot of eBid sellers use free hosting sites like photobucket and link their pictures from there. If you don't have a photobucket account it only takes a few minutes to set one up and is a good place to stash your pics. They have an easy to use photo editor that will allow you to crop and color adjust your pics for maximum sales effect as well. Your file size may be larger than the allowed picture file for eBid. Photobucket will be able to tell you what the size is and you can play with it if it is too large to get it down to where it fits.

www.photobucket.com will get you started.

Good luck and welcome
    ED
    Last edited by VandTnut; 14th October 2008 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Additional info

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you are trying to add them as extra paid for images then you tick the box and click on the button right at the bottom of the listing creation page, under extras, as below:
    Attachment 7873
    You can only add extra photos this way at the time you create the listing; you cannot add them by editing the listing later as that alters the fees payable on the listing.

If you are adding them into the description field of the listing then have a look at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0014 and see if that is of any help.
    Last edited by astral276; 20th April 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About KickItUpANotch
    Forum Posts

This is the way I do my pictures normally with eBay thru Auctiva. After I've downloaded, edited them & resized them to 460 x 680, etc. I save them to "My Pictures" on my computer. Then when I'm listing all I have to do is click onto add photo and takes me to my Picture Folder to select which one I want to add. I click onto the picture and upload to Auctiva. No problem there.
    So when eBid asks me for the first picture, I click onto Browse and it takes me nowhere. I've even tried to list a second picture, click onto Extra Photo, click onto Choose Image and nothing happens. Wow, am I confused or what?
    Please take me thru the steps starting with the very first picture and for now, lets forget trying to add a second picture. Let's just get thru adding just one picture for now.
    I wouldn't think that I'd need a additional website like Photo Bucket as I have 2 of my own editing programs on my computer? I am signed up for Flicker.com if needed, but have never had to use it. Keep the suggestions coming, as I really want to figure this out. Thanks.
    Marlene M.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The Browse... button should bring up a file selection box displaying the contents of your computer.

Looking at your About Me you do not have a Seller account of any type; you are listed as only having a Buyer account. What type of account do you believe you should have? What does it say at the top of the page (arrowed)?

Attachment 7879
    Last edited by astral276; 20th April 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About KickItUpANotch
    Forum Posts

Thank you Astral, yes, I had only signed up for a buyer account----my error. I will go in and sign up to sell next. I just reviewed all the ebid sellers account types and now I'm even more perplexed. I ain't stupid, but sometimes it takes me awhile to read everything and figure it all out. Wish me luck.

Thread Information