My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non Paying bidder!!

She has now been struck off!! Or is not even there now.
    She did send me an email in the end with this.....................Hi, so sorry ive been awat due to family problems and did ask my cousin to pay everyone owed money tho she has only appeared to have paid a few and brought more! family a. Because of bad feedback left my account was cancelled so sorry to waste your time as i only just saw the damage.kind regards,nicki.

What a load of Balony!!

Anyone know who I email to get my fees back?

Forum Lurker
    Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Jays's Feedback (+194)
    All-About Jays
    View Jays's Listings
    Forum Posts

I noticed this thread yesterday and noted that the buyer in question had also successfully bid on 9 items from me over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I received an email message last week saying she was away and would pay for the goods today, which in good faith, I agreed to. Some time today ebid have wiped all trace of her from my sales. The associated fees are still on my account. Will ebid remove them (given that I am not the only seller adversely affected by this buyer) or will I have to email support? Any ideas?

Thanks

Jays

Hi.
    She's certainly been quite active, this one!
    I was lucky as received payment and pos FB the same day. Now as you rightly say, there is no trace of her business on our sales. eBid have left me the extra FB point but removed the comment.
    I assume she hasn't paid you so you would need to contact support I would think.

Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Glamglass View Post
    She has now been struck off!! Or is not even there now.
    She did send me an email in the end with this.....................Hi, so sorry ive been awat due to family problems and did ask my cousin to pay everyone owed money tho she has only appeared to have paid a few and brought more! family a. Because of bad feedback left my account was cancelled so sorry to waste your time as i only just saw the damage.kind regards,nicki.

What a load of Balony!!
    Why assume it's not true? Sounds like it may be she trusted someone to do the right thing while she handled a crisis elsewhere and that trust was misplaced.

Sure, there are bad buyers around. But there are also buyers who go into hospital unexpectedly. There are buyers who have internet problems (I once had 10 days outage when the local BT exchange was flooded). And so on. Why not keep an open mind?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

very true.. and it should also be taken as a pointed reminder -

never, ever, ever, ever share your username/password with anyone, no matter how much you might trust them....

You, and you alone are responsible for your account, and thus, responsible for what the "other" might do.. (and also responsible if the other happens to have a keylogger on their computer and your password gets compromised to, in essence, the world. )

I see this at work at least once a week- website owner shared ftp user/pass with someone they trusted to "fix a little problem" or some such.. few weeks (or months) later, their website is hacked by some russian hacker, or some political extremist group.... Or, the whole server gets blacklisted by the anti-spam blacklists because some hacker used the login to send out a few million emails... happens all the time.. and these people *STILL* do it.. don't they ever learn? It's simple- it is your password, you are responsible for its security, thus responsible for what happens if it is not kept secure
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Why assume it's not true? Sounds like it may be she trusted someone to do the right thing while she handled a crisis elsewhere and that trust was misplaced.

Sure, there are bad buyers around. But there are also buyers who go into hospital unexpectedly. There are buyers who have internet problems (I once had 10 days outage when the local BT exchange was flooded). And so on. Why not keep an open mind?
    I actually do keep an open mind, but have been in this situation before too many times!!
    The fact she has not and clearly is not paying the for the item that SHE bid on is proof enough!!!

Thread Information