eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple issues

Thumbs down Multiple issues

I have had multiple issues:

1) I haven't had a newsletter for MONTHS. I have the newsletter box in my options ticked. I have emailed support about this and am still waiting for a response.

2) My view counters are going down! Is this normal?

3) I am waiting for a response on a question from a seller and it is coming up that I have a question from someone else. I don't have any other questions on my list.

Any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I have had multiple issues:

1) I haven't had a newsletter for MONTHS. I have the newsletter box in my options ticked. I have emailed support about this and am still waiting for a response.

2) My view counters are going down! Is this normal?

3) I am waiting for a response on a question from a seller and it is coming up that I have a question from someone else. I don't have any other questions on my list.

Any solutions?
    Not offering any solution BUT I thought it was my imagination the other day when I noticed that I had hits on some of my items then to look today and see that it is showing zero in the count.

Glad I saw this as this seems to be a problem I am having as well with the hits going down instead of up!

I suspect it may be something to do with possibly broken MySQL replication, from the sound of it... it would fit the symptoms..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thanks for the answers on that. I'm glad I'm not the only one with problem number 2.

Anyone got a solution to 1 and 3?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lots of people have mentioned number 1, it happens constantly and there is no current solution.
    I don't understand number 3, sorry.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

No 2. has just been answered by Gazza at http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...66&postcount=3

I havent had a newsletter for months either, despite talking through with admin about my email settings etc. I did suggest that maybe someone who *is* getting it to post it, but I havent seen as yet

No news letter for me either

And apparently I have 1 question showing in my eBid Q&A but when I go into my Q&A there are no questions showing

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazza has posted this today .....

We've recently changed the way we count views and we are having a few teething problems. A fix is being worked on. We have 300% more visitors and pages to serve than 12 months ago this was the reason we tinkered with the views counter to ease some pressure, our database was getting hit thousands of times a second with updates to view counters.

Gazza

I bet they were all viewing my YDC60 charity auctions ..........

e

"300% more visitors and pages to serve than 12 months ago"

Isn't that great!!!

Thread Information