Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skype Users

Default Skype Users

Hi all any Skype users here might like to check their Paypal accounts. Skype has just tried/taken money from my paypal account and I don’t even have paypal setup in Skype so how that was done I don’t know Paypal seemed to have picked it up as the transactions are showing as under dispute. Have had to cancel my credit card as I have already lost £150.00. Anyone got a phone number for Paypal? Please.

Matt

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

For general PayPal account enquires, please call us on 08707 307 191
    PayPal Customer Service Centre opening hours are:
    06:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
    08:00 to 22:00 Saturday
    09:00 to 22:00 Sunday
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by oddsnends View Post
    Hi all any Skype users here might like to check their Paypal accounts. Skype has just tried/taken money from my paypal account and I don’t even have paypal setup in Skype so how that was done I don’t know Paypal seemed to have picked it up as the transactions are showing as under dispute. Have had to cancel my credit card as I have already lost £150.00. Anyone got a phone number for Paypal? Please.

Matt
    whoa thats scary

Smashing thanks for that will be on the phone in the morning.

Matt

It's all owned by greedbay, so information is passed between them you can be sure. Not sure how that sits with the Data Protection Act. I wonder if that was the reason Greedbay moved to Luxembourg from the UK?
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by oddsnends View Post
    Smashing thanks for that will be on the phone in the morning.

Matt
    could you do us a favour and post their response please? im quite worried about it..

thx

good point.. skype does, in fact, do data mining. which is why I refuse to use it. period. They will sell your email address as well , associating it with keywords that you may use in chat, as I have found. the one and only time I ever used skype, under discussion was a very particular piece of software that I had never discussed previously with anyone, and hadnt even thought of it in years.. never had gotten spam about it before.. within 2 hours of that skype discussion, I had 3 - count em - 3 SPAM emails to the same email address I used to register at skype for, you guessed it- the same particular software that had been under discussion previously.

Since that time, I have never logged in to skype, ever again.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

I tried the phone number given for paypal this is an automated service very clever but useless in my case. I contacted my bank and they immediately cancelled my credit card, nightmare. I went to check my account and access denied banks can move very quickly when they want to, but that's another story. So now have sent emails to both Skype and Paypal and am awaiting a response. Paypal have just responded:

“I have reviewed your account and it shows that the three payments for skype were placed on temporary hold due to the fact that we believe that these transactions were unauthorised. Please be advised that once proven that these transactions were proven unauthorised we will credit it back to you. It that is the case, you will be notified through your email.”

So a positive step in the right direction.

Still does not explain how it happened in the first place though.

Matt

I had probs with PayPoo about a month ago with unauthorised transactions, but I managed to get through to a real person after going through the robotic route. Unfortunately she was as much help as a chocolate teapot and blamed it on feebay (one and the same??) but it got resolved in the end and I got my money back after about a fortnight/3 weeks......

I never got an explanation either, so I wouldnt hold your breath on that one, just be glad you got it sorted fingers crossed

Just to bring you all up to date Skype admitted the incident happened at their end. Quote “In this case, the fraudulent user has stolen the use of our service “. What fraudulent user? It was themselves that had taken the money! anyway they have refunded to PP and PP refunded my account, case resolved.

However I only found this out by checking my account. No emails from PP or Skype that was promised, no sorry for the inconvenience nothing, just no manners I guess.

Matt

Thread Information