Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Bad" feedback with no contact

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    I gotta neg on here for a failed delivery by the Royal Mail, sent customer full refund but they refused to alter the neg.
    You have no obligation to refund someone their money when it was the post office that failed to deliver. I think you were being awfully generous in doing so. Whether or not you offer insurance, the customer always has the option of requesting it. They were extremely lucky to have their money refunded, I wouldn't have done it.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

I received a neutral from a one time seller that posted his items as a case of jewelry cleaning machines for $120.00. I received one machine. He was chinese, didn't speak very good english, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, we finally settled on me paying him $20.00 for the one machine, then he turned around and gave me neutral f/b. After that, I just became very hardnosed, and I don't play around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    You have no obligation to refund someone their money when it was the post office that failed to deliver. I think you were being awfully generous in doing so. Whether or not you offer insurance, the customer always has the option of requesting it. They were extremely lucky to have their money refunded, I wouldn't have done it.
    On another thread, several people felt very strongly that it was the seller's responsibility if an item did not get delivered. They were objecting to sellers who stated that it was up to the buyer to pay for insurance and would not accept responsibility for non-delivery or damage in transit. I know when I was on GreedBay, that was the consensus in the forums.

Now I'm confused. Who bears the loss? The seller or the buyer?

Something that I do quite often is make sure that I have a statement that states:

It is the responsibility of the buyer if any damage or loss of an item occurs if the buyer decides not to acquire insurance.

The disclaimer covers you. That way if someone buys something from you, has not read the fine print, you are therefore not held responsible.

Hope this helps a few people.

HC

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think there can be hard and fast rules on who is responsible - buyer or seller. It is the post office as the contract is with them. Though if something gets lost the seller should have proof of posting and get in touch with the post office.(He bought the stamp,so made the contract) If it is broken in transit I feel it is up to the recipient to sort things out. That is my opinion, for all it's worth

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Then it comes down to you should do what feels right to you.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Hi Meebo, Welcome back.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nice to be back gramma and your parcel is on it's way

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    On another thread, several people felt very strongly that it was the seller's responsibility if an item did not get delivered. They were objecting to sellers who stated that it was up to the buyer to pay for insurance and would not accept responsibility for non-delivery or damage in transit. I know when I was on GreedBay, that was the consensus in the forums.

Now I'm confused. Who bears the loss? The seller or the buyer?
    If you're a business seller (buy to sell for example) selling to a member of the public, it's best to assume the onus is upon you, the seller. If you sell using Buy Now, it's a legal requirement (Distance Selling Regulations), if you sell using auction it's a moot point yet to be tested by the courts. This has *nothing* to do with the venue - the rules are not set by feebay or ebid, they are legal trading requirements.

I prefer not to have to keep track of who bought and how, and just assume a professional level of service regardless. Luckily lost post, returns, breakages etc are exceptional, so I am able to offer this level of reassurance to my buyers without taking on much of a burden of cost.

I would urge all sellers to have a stated returns and refunds policy - if you don't, you will find that the customer's rights are greater than you might have chosen to offer.
    Last edited by bykimbo; 5th November 2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typo!

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Nice to be back gramma and your parcel is on it's way
    OH Yummy Yummy!

Thread Information