eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Paypal Micropayment?

Default Anyone using Paypal Micropayment?

I recently supposingly set up a micropayment account, but not sure if it really is micropayment.

For those who doesnt know, micropayment has a fee sturcture that will cause less fee if you accept money below £9.3, compared to normal paypal account (macropayment) their fee is 5% +5p/8p(not sure which one) instaed of normal rate of 3.4% + 20p. Note that if you want to accept micropayment, you must set up another account.

anyone is currently using this? any advice?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never managed to set up a micro account that's actually that when you get into it. Several failures, lots of frustrating support calls that circled the menu and never reached a human or an answer, a million useless emails that just told me to do the stuff I'd already done that had already failed.

Good luck, I've given up.

i thought so too. are you setting the acdccount from the micropayment page? https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCe...opayments.html

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

That looks American. I used the link they sent (several times) that starts out saying it's micro, but that bit vanishes as you go through the registration process and by the end there's nothing to distinguish it.

i already had the feeling that i will fail too, knowing the level of support they provide. that's why i ask here if anyone succesfully set up one.

on the first page, can select UK instead of US.

i will try send fund from my other paypal to test the fee. after the test i will just refund myself the fund back to my original account.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Keep me posted, please. If you do succeed I might just muster the strength for one more go... unlikely though it currently seems.

Although it seems attractive, whenever I've heard it being mentioned it has always been with lots of frustration. It took someone you know where about 3 months to get it sorted with loads of useless emailing. Also, I don't want to give them access to another bank account.

Finally found the actual micropayment set up link!!!!!!

https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com/

I thought about setting one up, as most of my items are around a fiver - but once P & P is factored in to the final amount, it can be 'borderline' particularly if using auction format instead of BIN - so after an initial attempt a while back, I decided not to bother.

I have to say that when I tried, it could only be done via US, and they made it very difficult.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View deelancs's Feedback (+670)
    All-About deelancs
    View deelancs's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like many others have tried {and failed miserably} to get set up for micro payments even spoke to some one at paypal who hadnt a clue what I was on about.
    Have used the link above and have changed my account time will tell cant see it being that easy!!!!
    But fingers crossed will let you know if successful

Thread Information