eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super efficient removal of scammers!

Forum Lurker
    View jayl1's Feedback (+3376)
    All-About jayl1
    View jayl1's Listings
    Forum Posts

The scammers sending out fake emails from various banks make me laugh as well.[/QUOTE]

BUT... unfortunately people do fall for them. Now that I think about it, I am still waiting for that $3 million from a barrister in Nigeria.
    We specialize in North American model railroading as well as North American railroad books & postcards.

Railroad Books (under construction!) - http://us.ebid.net/stores/Jays-Books and
    Model Trains - http://us.ebid.net/stores/Take-the-JTrain and
    Railroad Post Cards (under construction!! - hundreds to come!) -http://us.ebid.net/stores/Js-Railroad-Post-Cards and
    Railroad photos - http://us.ebid.net/stores/JTrain-Photos

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    Although some mobile phone networks are actually giving away a free games console, that I've heard of anyway on TV adverts, this does sound like a scam. Maybe a fautly games console and any number of possibilites. And let's be realistic, if I decided to change mobile phone operator to get the free console, the last thing I would do is ask someone else to sell it for me! So this is without a doubt a scam. They will probably ask you for money to buy it off them before sending it to you or ask you for money and not send it to do you and the likes. Scams are endless. These scammers make me laugh, especially the ones who post messages/comments/questions from the far east who have what appears to be genuine merchandise but is actually fake. The scammers sending out fake emails from various banks make me laugh as well.
    My youngest son got a wii for Christmas last year courtesy of his elder brother changing his mobile phone contract. So the offer does exist - Im just hopeful noone took him up on his offer before it was to late. Give the eBid guys credit though - I left here at 1am feeling guilty about some poor guy who cant get his Maestro verified and got up at 7am to find out eBid know its a scam. Impressive

There was a report in The Metro newspaper about them - but nothing about any site. Warning folks that some Nintendo DS are available for £40 but are fakes but are dangerous and could catch fire. OH thinks a container was taken by Customs because of the possible danager. Even on Amazon it states that ones imported from aboard will not be covered under a guarantee.

We have bought my children (well their Aunties and Uncles) them both a Nintendo DS Lite and games for Christmas but went to a shop to get them. Just feel a little happier incase we do have big problems. Splashed the boat out and even bought the extra 2 year guarantee - never know with my two.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    I'm very impressed too! Got a "question" about one of my items but the asker's name was stricken through. It went something like "would you like to be a mediator for selling" which I thought was strange phrasing. The eBid screen name is ericj534 I believe. I'm possibly indulging in schadenfreud (if spelled correctly and used correctly) which I currently understand to mean joy at somebody else's troubles, to see this spammer booted so fast. He registered just today, Dec. 5.
    Ditto. same thing. no real way around it, a bot must have been built that you just sign up and then it auto-submits questions in the form of spam to sellers.. no real way around it other than to add yet more code that monitors how many questions a seller asks in x amount of time and automatically block them when they hit a limit..

hardly worth it really - I just check the ignore box and get rid of it.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well done!

It really makes me so happy to be on eBid knowing that admin are on top of things and act so quickly, I know I'm getting much more than my money's worth when I signed up for lifetime membership.

~Jan~

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

BUT... unfortunately people do fall for them. Now that I think about it, I am still waiting for that $3 million from a barrister in Nigeria.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, with all the emails I've had from Nigeria and other places over the years, I'm owed about £90million now lol!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Don't worry I'll chase him up for you, just send me £250 to cover my expenses
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information