All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where's Dr.Kevorkian when you need him?

View MikesGear's Feedback (+124)
    All-About MikesGear
    View MikesGear's Listings
    Forum Posts

If i was in pain and had to rely on other peoples help then i would want to go with dignity so i think i would opt for euthenasia.
    Espeacially if i couldn't do things for my self due to an illnes that would never get better but would get worse.
    I imagine it wouldn't be nice for someone else to wipe your bum would it. Imagine the pain your loved ones would be going through not being able to help you, At least they would know your no longer in pain and there memories would be of someone who knew what they were doing and not of someone who couldn't help themselves.

Say for instance a big c sufferer who knew they were going to get worse and there wasn't a cure. Would the Dr's have to keep you alive as long as they could knowing your in agony and wasting away?
    I think it's better to be able to prepare and be able to talk to your loved ones and be able to give them time to griev before you have actually gone.

At least then, everyone knows you left with your dignity and pride in place.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree wiv it,

Dont understand how they can allow people to suffer so much, IMO i think that it should be legal to do it, but also think that idividuals should be assessed first, and that it should be duly noted on their records as there wish, just a way of stopping it being abused
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

I have seen 2 close relative waste away from cancer - one in Holland and one in the UK.
    When the one in Holland came to the stage where pain and weakness became too much, his life was "cut short" by however many days he might still had left.

The one in the UK spent the last fortnight lying on a bed, unable to speak or even lift a finger, yet mentally still completely with it, only being able to acknowlegde anything you said to her by eye movement.
    Personally I would have preferred to see her life cut short by a couple of weeks. I was actually relieved when she finally passed away.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    I have seen 2 close relative waste away from cancer - one in Holland and one in the UK.
    When the one in Holland came to the stage where pain and weakness became too much, his life was "cut short" by however many days he might still had left.
    This happens day in and day out....and it's a blessing.
    I've held someone I loved, in my arms, when they passed away. The levels of morphine needed to mute the pain are so high, that it brings death sooner rather than later.

Yv x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thread Information