eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Font size decreased now when editing/relisting auctions

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Quite agree - I was prepared to change the default, but that was before I saw it was b*ggered in a whole new way.

Think I'll find something else to do for a while!
    Is the problem on newly listed , newly reposted or old auctions that were running before 7pm yesterday?

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Can only speak for 'my' listings, but the problem seems to be on the relisted & new auctions, Gazza.. The text is smaller (which I prefer & was planning to do when I had a spare week anyway), but parts of the text are no longer centered unless the auction has been edited to fix the problem. I noticed on a few auctions parts of the text were justified to the left in WYSIWYG, but appeared ok in the listing(?) - might have been confused during the editing as to which auctions had been changed, though (sorry)..

The existing/older auctions appear to be unaffected by the update (haven't checked many tho').

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Is the problem on newly listed , newly reposted or old auctions that were running before 7pm yesterday?

Gazza
    Can't comment on what others are seeing, but as I mentioned earlier, my problems are in the default text in "my defaults".

When I originally created the content I made the top text a single step down in size from the main body of the text. Post-update this had shrunk much further. Post-you-looking it had become truly enormous (this might be because you changed things in investigating?)

Also as mentioned earlier, I can see that you might have more important things to worry about than defaults - but for those who have hundreds of actual listings that have changed, it's clearly more worrying. I've checked a random selection of my listings and they look okay. I haven't tried listing anything new (just reposts) since the update - I'm waiting till things settle a bit.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

So we are saying that an auction that has closed (is text small in closed description page???) and then when reposting via the LYI form the text is changing in the ADVANCED WYSIWYG editor? or is it the same in the editor and only goes small on preview or after listing?

Gazza
    eBid.net

Default I get a whole bunch of code when I paste my add in

I paste my add in and at the footer I get the following font definitions:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal,

I can delete it and the proper add shows underneath but it is a pain.
    Find deep discounts on Top-Shelf items such as Cell Phones, Lifestyle Products, Musical Instruments, Clothes, including Victoria's Secret, Shoes as well as Sporting Goods
    http://bestvalues.ebid.net/
    Don’t forget to bookmark our site!

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View jarpet21's Feedback (+373)
    All-About jarpet21
    View jarpet21's Listings
    Forum Posts

So we are saying that an auction that has closed (is text small in closed description page???) and then when reposting via the LYI form the text is changing in the ADVANCED WYSIWYG editor? or is it the same in the editor and only goes small on preview or after listing?

Gazza
    Gazza
    What is happening with my auctions is that they look alright before editing/relisting. When relisting and the preview is displayed the font size has changed in the main description. This is happening with closed auctions that I relist and current auctions if I open them to edit - even if I don't actually change anything. To give you an example this is a current auction that I have just opened to edit - I didn't change anything but said accept changes to http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi/9680488. As you will see the font in the description has shrunk - the html has changed to either small, x-small or xx-small in my auction template but not by me. I haven't tried to start a completely new auction yet. Hope that helps

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jarpet21 View Post
    Gazza
    What is happening with my auctions is that they look alright before editing/relisting. When relisting and the preview is displayed the font size has changed in the main description. This is happening with closed auctions that I relist and current auctions if I open them to edit - even if I don't actually change anything. To give you an example this is a current auction that I have just opened to edit - I didn't change anything but said accept changes to http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi/9680488. As you will see the font in the description has shrunk - the html has changed to either small, x-small or xx-small in my auction template but not by me. I haven't tried to start a completely new auction yet. Hope that helps
    Can you give me an example where i am able to see the original closed auction and they way it should be.. eg. a before and after. I couldnt find this example in your closed auctions.

Gazza
    eBid.net

Quote Originally Posted by jarpet21 View Post
    Gazza
    Is your default editor, the Advanced WYSIWYG one or the Plain HTML one?

If it's any help mine is set to the Plain HTML one, & editing hasn't changed mine, BUT I always set my font sizes as %, so that could be the reason nothing changed in mine.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 11th December 2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View jarpet21's Feedback (+373)
    All-About jarpet21
    View jarpet21's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you give me an example where i am able to see the original closed auction and they way it should be.. eg. a before and after. I couldnt find this example in your closed auctions.

Gazza
    Hi Gazza.
    What I have done is to use the 'sell similar' option for a current listing so that you can see what I mean. This is the link to the current auction http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi/9588059 and this is the link to the new item http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi/12132806 As you can see the font on the 2nd auction has completely shrunk - I made no changes whatsoever. Hope that helps. Thankyou

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thats perfect, will check now.

Gazza
    eBid.net

Thread Information