Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sales drop off

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not doing to good this month either on here - elsewhere I'm doing OK, but that's OK, got so many other things to do right now

~Jan~

My sales have been nose diving since July on the other site. I joined in November and nothing so far, but I didn't have any when I started in on this venture 8 years ago with -bay.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had a great Nov but Dec has been average 1st week then Nothing! Guess everyones going be tightening there belts and whats more its WorldWide so thats a worry. BUT I always try to look on the bright side......There are good things If your a trader! (not me I just sell what I've got) But I can see that if you BUY the right stuff NOW you will be quids in later cus the prices must be cheap!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

The downturn in sales will all depends on what you are selling and what your expectations are. one of the major problems a lot of sellers are experiencing here and on other auction sites is that there are so many discounts being given by the major retailers on the high street that in a lot of cases online sellers are finding it difficult to match the prices let alone come out cheaper. This is just the start of it it will get worse over the coming year as companys fight to keep a market share, Wholesale prices and incentives will increase for the major players as manufactures fight to keep their share of the market and to keep the investors happy. Although it is not what people want to hear the boom in internet shopping and online auction sites are not protected from the impending recession and will also suffer as is already being seen on the other side, Where eBid gains is because of the lack of fees, they will be better prepared and buffered against the downturn in sales, sites that charge to list and take a fvf will invaribly have to increase there charges to keep the investors happy. all we can do is to look at our product and selling strategy and plan ahead to combat the changes untill the economy turns the corner.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

There are two major chains going out of business, with stores in my neighorhood. They're advertising prices discounted 50% to 70%. They sell high-quality merchandise, too, so I don't think anybody is going to buy online with bargains like this available down the street. We're going to have to wait it out, because I don't see any better options than eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    There are two major chains going out of business, with stores in my neighorhood. They're advertising prices discounted 50% to 70%. They sell high-quality merchandise, too, so I don't think anybody is going to buy online with bargains like this available down the street. We're going to have to wait it out, because I don't see any better options than eBid.
    It is the Same here in the UK. woolworths in administration been on the high street since 1909, MFI in administration, The Peir in Administration, and there will be more to follow including household names, lots of cut price CD,s and videos in the near future as the media distribution arm of Woolworths is also in Administration, this was one of the main distributors so Hundreds of Thousands of pounds worth of stock to be sold off by the Administrators, just watch and see after christmas when traditionally people are in debt after Christmas spending, you will see 80% to 90% discounts on the high street as shops fight for survival.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

View lindylupins's Feedback (+4958)
    All-About lindylupins
    View lindylupins's Listings
    Forum Posts

finding it very quiet too. Most of auctions we have running at present time havent even had one viewing, but wont let that get us down, we are adding more lines in the hope that once christmas is over with, people will start buying again. Its not just here where we have found it quiet, both our retail and online shop have suffered too, and as it has been pointed out, there are so many bargains to be had in the high street at this present time so people are finding it cheaper than buying online, what with the postage to be taken into the equation. Sign of the times we think, and cannot see it getting any better in the very near future.
    They have lowered the VAT rate in the hope it will get people spending again ~ WRONG!! We have had notifications from 3 or 4 of our suppliers who have informed us of impending price increases as from Jan 1st 2009, so its going to be even MORE expensive to purchase goods, which, in turn means our prices will have to increase to cover the additional cost of the products we sell, which doesnt bode well in the current climate.
    Nothing any of us can do but just hang on in there I suppose and hope that 2009 improves (am forever the optimist)
    ~ Linda ~

MY EBID STORE:
    Card Stock, Embellishments, Peel Off's, Stickers & much much more. All at silly prices to clear!

http://lindylupins-craft-sell-off.ebid.net/

http://lindylupins-balkandogs.ebid.net/

I have to agree. sales are declining everywhere- even at the big retailers, and this holiday season is expected to be very bad. One large. (KB Toys) retailer has already filed bankruptcy , even before the end of christmas holiday season.. just because the economy is so awful. no one is buying, and the big retail chains are offering such huge discounts, It's almost impossible to compete now.. I buy out shelf pull clothing lots (last season's clothing stock) and even though I'm getting it at pennies on the dollar (roughly averaging $3-$4 each) , and listing items at rock bottom (example a $44.00 retail dress shirt for $12.99 with FREE shipping, which comes to about $5-$6 sales price after paying P&P ) Even at prices like that- the same retailer that Ive been buying these lots from is not having to discount their prices so low, people will say "for a few bucks more, I can get this same shirt at XXX store, and it'll be brand new with all the tags, etc" - so really all I am doing right now is putting all my plans on hold and will probably be gradually listing my stuff here bit by bit. it is simply not worth listing at FeeBay at all anymore.. cant make a competitive profit after paying their listing fees..

Meanwhile, I'm mulling over some ideas I have had for a while on things and stuff that *I* can make (hand made stuff) that I may also begin listing or offering here..

Either way- The economy is very very bad, people are not spending any money if they can help it and the cost of living is just going up and up...

I think it is going to be a very flat to declining sales period for the next 6 to 8 months.. for everyone, not just us sellers..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Well - apart from anything else- here we are, only 8 working days away from Christmas - Posting deadlines fast approaching, and the prospect of postal strikes imminent,
    I know I won't be buying any Christmas presents online - far too late to rely on delivery!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually why are we discussing a drop of in sales in the PROMOTE ebid thread?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Thread Information