Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Auctions???????

View paully58's Feedback (+3)
    All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Dutch Auctions???????

HI All,
    Can anyone tell me how I can start a Dutch Auction and can I do one in my stores or can't I list Dutch Auctions in a store???
    thanks in advance for your responses.

paully58.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't set one up recently but as far as I can remember you just set quantity of items available to more than one. Yes you can set them up in your stores, it doesn't make any difference.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is no difference between a listing created under a store and one created outside of it. If you should take your store offline all listings in it fall back to normal listings.

Are you having a specific problem that would lead you to think you cannot create a Dutch Auction within a store? Have you tried to do so and hit a snag?

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I haven't set one up recently but as far as I can remember you just set quantity of items available to more than one. Yes you can set them up in your stores, it doesn't make any difference.
    Thanks for the response kedo that's ok then all my listings have more than one in the quantity in fact I think they all have 5 in the quantity box cheers. paully58
    Last edited by paully58; 6th January 2009 at 11:35 PM.

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    There is no difference between a listing created under a store and one created outside of it. If you should take your store offline all listings in it fall back to normal listings.

Are you having a specific problem that would lead you to think you cannot create a Dutch Auction within a store? Have you tried to do so and hit a snag?
    Thanks for your response astral with the info, in answer to the 2nd part of your reply not really I had a e mail from support saying they had removed some of my listings as they were repeats as the titles were almost the same for each listing even though I changed them slightly, they said if I wished to do that I had to do it via a dutch auction which I tried to do first by using the " list similar auction button" that was unsuccessful as I couldn't find the dutch auction button and I had the item's on buy now fixed price, I then tried by doing the listing via the sell button but had the same problem and couldn't find a dutch auction button so I don't know where I'm going wrong??
    paully58

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is no Dutch Auction button. A Dutch Auction is created by simply making a listing with a quantity greater than one. If the items are a fixed price (i.e. not biddable) then the same creates a multiple item listing. Unfortunately eBid insists on referring to this as a Dutch Auction also - which I feel creates confusion.

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    There is no Dutch Auction button. A Dutch Auction is created by simply making a listing with a quantity greater than one. If the items are a fixed price (i.e. not biddable) then the same creates a multiple item listing. Unfortunately eBid insists on referring to this as a Dutch Auction also - which I feel creates confusion.
    OK so if my understanding of your reply is correct ALL my auctions are automaticlly Dutch Auctions then as I list 5 in each listing? if this is the case then why did support send me the e mail saying if I wish to list the same item's more than once then they have to be dutch auctions????? here's part of the e mail

Hi paully58,

We have had to remove one or more of your auctions due to them breaking our duplicate rules.

If you are listing more than one of the same item then please use a Dutch Auction when listing the item.

If your items are different then each must have a different title.

Removed Auction Details :
    Girl's knitted top in Purple :: #ID 12240403 :: Wed 17 Dec 22:27 2008 :: Clothing & Accessories > Girls Clothing > Other
    Girl's knitted top in Purple :: #ID 12219914 :: Tue 30 Dec 16:00 2008 :: Clothing & Accessories > Girls Clothing > Age 3-4 > Tops

As you can see it's the same item but listed in different catagories one without the age and one with the age added, what do you think?
    paully58

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can't sell the same item, in any format, in any way in more than one listing of any type. If you have multiple items they can only be sold in a single listing at any one time.

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You can't sell the same item, in any format, in any way in more than one listing of any type. If you have multiple items they can only be sold in a single listing at any one time.

Thanks for reply bykimbo so you can have as many as you like in "A LISTING" but not more than one listing for each item got it now thanks for that
    paully58

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

My pleasure.

Thread Information