My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: help please

Unhappy help please

i bought an item, payed for it, waited longer than stated by the seller for delivery than finally received the wrong item! obviously i have been trying to contact the seller to arrange return and refund but NO REPLY! i think im being ripped off! what do i do?!

any help will be much appreciated!

Hello dgp200285, sorry to hear about the problem You don't say how long ago the item arrived but it is possible that your seller is away for the holiday period.

If you haven't already done so, try a direct message using the forum private messages facility (just under the 'welcome' note near the top of this page). That will generate an email direct to the seller telling them to log in to pick up the message.

Alternatively, send an explanatory email to support and ask for the seller's telephone number.

If the item is expensive and your payment was backed by a credit card you could also contact the card company. If not then a small claims court action is the next step.

Please bear in mind that the seller could have made an honest mistake but if so I would expect them to contact you promptly.

If the seller is not responsive then negative feedback might get their attention.

Good luck and don't hesitate to come back for more information or just to let us know how you got on.

Hi

How did you pay for the item, and how long ago did you buy it?
    If they don't reply to you, and you paid by paypal then you can start an item not as described claim. You have 45 days from the date you paid, to make a claim with paypal. Or you can do as bluefincircle has said, and claim with your credit card.

Jane

thankyou for your help, after taking your advice and going through paypal i finally got a refund! thanks again!

Hi, delighted to hear about your refund. Thanks very much for the update.

Don't let 1 lousy experience put you off the site - there are lots of lovely sellers here who would be happy to have your business.

Bluey

Thread Information