Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Up and running again...

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Up and running again...

eBid is back here in NC... been down for at least 3 hours.
    Back up at 6:38AM USA east coast time.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    eBid is back here in NC... been down for at least 3 hours.
    Back up at 6:38AM USA east coast time.
    Been all over the site, I am not that impressed TBH, give it a few days and probably be down unexpectedly again. I am starting to lose faith with the site esp after today when I have lost sales and 2 newbies joining.

edit
    Just seen Gazzas post, site was down for longer than an hour, but still don't give a good impression, talk about bad timing
    Last edited by raindropsies2; 13th January 2009 at 11:53 AM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted elsewhere by Gazza:

We experienced around 1hr downtime this morning due to problems with our hosts. We are speaking with our hosts to resolve this unacceptable situation/

Here is their explanation.
    ---------------------------
    Thank you for your email.

We are experiencing a network outage in our Harbour Exchange datacenter, which is affecting all of our customers who have kit located there.

We have a team of our own engineers onsite looking at this as a priority 1 issue.
    They are working with the datacenter engineers to resolve the issue and we will advise as soon as we have updates.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused due this outage.

Regards,
    --------------------------------

Apologies,
    Gazza

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

We experienced around 1hr downtime this morning due to problems with our hosts. We are speaking with our hosts to resolve this unacceptable situation/

We are experiencing a network outage in our Harbour Exchange datacenter, which is affecting all of our customers who have kit located there.

We have a team of our own engineers onsite looking at this as a priority 1 issue.
    They are working with the datacenter engineers to resolve the issue and we will advise as soon as we have updates.

Regards,

Apologies,
    Gazza
    Beat me to it kimbo, was just about to point everyone to that, at least it explains why it was not available, a bit annoying today, not due in to work till 1pm and had planned to spend a couple of hours listing a load of stuff {maybe tomorrow}
    Last edited by ttelyob; 13th January 2009 at 12:10 PM.

These things happen. The guys had no control over it and it gave me time to move the freezer.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View paully58's Feedback (+3)
    All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

Regards,

Apologies,
    Gazza

Only an hour yer right I have been trying since 8.30am and its now 12.15 and I only just got access about 15 minutes ago so thats a long hour??
    paully58

All-About tpypr
    View tpypr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Outage

It may sound strange (or not, considering who is on the other side of this keyboard), but I am actually relieved.
    Being in California, it was really early in the morning for me when this happened. While trying to access Ebid and Milbid, I kept getting those nasty "you can't get there from here" screens and thought my computer had possibly picked up some sort of weird virus from a smilies application I just finished uploading. It was suspect because once "on board" I couldn't get it to download properly. I kept getting the setup wizard which kept (scarily) pointing out to me that it was busily downloading "other files" from online. I deleted said application, turned off the computer, and went to bed.
    I just recently had the nerve to try the computer again and, after reading this, in addition to the great sigh of relief I just experienced, may I have your permission to also state with just the subtlest hint of facetiousness, tongue-in-cheek, and just plain old sique humor, that I am so very thankful that this was, in fact, only a major breakdown for everyone and not just an inconvenience for me?

It was definitely a very long hour!!! I think their clocks must be different from ours! Ah well these things do happen as has already been stated, BUT.... and it's a bit BUT - the outages on Ebid are fairly regular and it's embarrassing when we do so much to tell buyers to come to our stores on Ebid, and then they cannot access the site. To be honest it is the only thing about Ebid that makes me think twice about staying here - if we cannot depend on the site being fully up and running (even when updates are needed) then it's not very encouraging.

Vintage postcards bought and sold
    Established internet postcard trader since 2004
    and we now have an Ebid book store (mainly non fiction)

Our Stores: http://oldpostcards.ebid.net/
    http://books4sale.ebid.net/

All About Me: http://uk.ebid.net/users/OldPostcards

Thread Information