Forum Newbie
    All-About ange29
    View ange29's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile hello, i'm new to ebid and just wondered how it was to sell here

is it slow ?
    thanks ange29

Hi Ange
    Yes, it is slow if you're used to Eb@y, but at least you're not paying fees while waiting for buyers.
    I've definitely noticed increased activity this month and Ebid are doing more advertising so that should continue to improve.
    I think Eb@y has become more difficult for buyers and sellers, with many moving here and that will also help.
    And this is a much nicer place to hang out!

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Hello Ange and welcome!

Sales for me come in dribs and drabs, would always love more, but can't complain really. Not as successful as the dark side, but tons more pleasurable over here on Ebid.
    Everyone here is very helpful, and you'll find very friendly too.
    Good luck with any future sales
    Dawn xx

Keep advertising where you are is all I can add to what has already been said.
    Mandy

Forum Newbie
    All-About jmbill
    View jmbill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm new to selling online through auction sites. I've just sold two items via eb@y and was somewhat surprised at the fees charged so I've started looking at alternatives already because I'm going to have much more stuff to sell soon and want the process to be as safe and easy as possible.

I still don't quite understand how you can list items on eBid for free. Surly there is a catch somewhere otherwise how can eBid afford to run the site?

Also do buyers and sellers have the same level of security as other auction sites if paying using PayPal or GoogleCheckout?

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmbill View Post
    I'm new to selling online through auction sites. I've just sold two items via eb@y and was somewhat surprised at the fees charged so I've started looking at alternatives already because I'm going to have much more stuff to sell soon and want the process to be as safe and easy as possible.

I still don't quite understand how you can list items on eBid for free. Surly there is a catch somewhere otherwise how can eBid afford to run the site?

Also do buyers and sellers have the same level of security as other auction sites if paying using PayPal or GoogleCheckout?
    There are some listing fees coming in {extra pictures and other listing extras} and if you subscribe to seller+ there are all those fees as well, and some listings attract a massive 3% FVF.

as to security with PayPal and Google Checkout, no problem.

BTW welcome to eBid

Forum Newbie
    All-About jmbill
    View jmbill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ttelyob View Post
    There are some listing fees coming in {extra pictures and other listing extras} and if you subscribe to seller+ there are all those fees as well, and some listings attract a massive 3% FVF.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry to sound dumb, but what does the abbreviation FVF mean?

Regarding fees for extra pictures, is it possible to host and link to pictures and other information outside of eBid or is that a sure way to get banned?

Hi jmbill, FVF is short for Final Value Fee - what you pay when your item sells.

I think you can link to pictures on external sites, e.g. photobucket as well as host them here on Ebid.

Welcome to the site and hope you do well.

Vintage postcards bought and sold
    Established internet postcard trader since 2004
    and we now have an Ebid book store (mainly non fiction)

Our Stores: http://oldpostcards.ebid.net/
    http://books4sale.ebid.net/

All About Me: http://uk.ebid.net/users/OldPostcards

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmbill View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry to sound dumb, but what does the abbreviation FVF mean?

Regarding fees for extra pictures, is it possible to host and link to pictures and other information outside of eBid or is that a sure way to get banned?
    It's absolutely fine to self-host and include them in your description. Lots of us do it.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ange29 View Post
    is it slow ?
    thanks ange29
    Compared to what? My sales here are quicker than feebay or greenmet, and about the same as amaz*n. but everyone will be different depending on what they sell, how they have marketed their listings, their feedback etc..

Thread Information