eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It has come to our attention ....

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Users are told-warned about that when entering every auction. It reads..

Don't Forget. New listings will be removed without warning if they go against our listing rules (new window clickable Link). Please don't submit if you don't agree with this.
    I am aware of what we are told - - - BUT, we all make mistakes occasionally, I have done it a few times when listing a batch of items and accidentally got something in the wrong category, or when using the list similar option I have changed the description and forgotten to change the title or the picture.
    What I am saying is in these cases an email pointing out the mistake, then remove the listing if it is not corrected in a certain period of time.

If a seller has dozens of items in the wrong categories, or loads of duplicate listings then that is a different matter.

Definately, if your auction is removed for being in the wrong category, the email should state the auction number and title. And it should be closed, not deleted for reasons already listed.

Also, if something needs reported, then report it. Don't feel guilty and don't look back. It's the right thing to do.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nada
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So they did NOT tell you which auctions were removed? I thought from one of the previous posts they were being identified in the email. Misunderstood.

We have been adding items very slowly since our count went over 600. We wait a few day to see if any of them disappear, comparing the count in our inventory list with the number on eBid. It's just too difficult to find the missing items if we add a huge batch and then find one of them is gone.

I wish they would add the auction numbers to the email, we wouldn't have to be so careful. We still have so many things to list . . .

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

Appears to be about 100 items gone from selling total

There is little chance I am going to figure out which all they were

And I seriously doubt there was a real infraction

I wish I could offer a suggestion to help. The only way we could find ours was to go through our additions, one at a time.

Now I keep everything on a spreadsheet and copy in the eBid auction number. Started doing that after listings disappeared from my first batch.

It's a bit difficult here at first, because the categories and subcategories aren't always what we in the US interpret them to be. Perhaps if you emailed admin and explained, they would furnish a list of the auction names that were deleted. Of course, you'll still have to recreate all those listings.

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

I doubt I will persue it too much

This nonsense has me about to give up on ebid

It seems all my vintage items are getting deeply buried by cheap China garbage

It would be nice to find a place, or have a special section for, older items only

There is no way an Atwater Kent breadboard radio and a Crosley reproduction radio belong in the same catagory

Myriam Haskell does not belong anywhere close to Made in China

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Terry - If you e-mail support@ebid.tv they can tell you which were removed and what was wrong with them. I had a dvd removed and contacted them to ask why they replied that I had placed it under bluray instead of ordinary dvd's. If you ask them nicely they may even be able to retrieve them for you.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

All-About tpypr
    View tpypr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    "<donotreply@ebid.net>
    Hi terry5732,

eBid has a set of rules that should be adhered to when listing auctions.
    It has come to our attention that you may have listed an auction that was not in accordance with these rules.
    Offence : Auctions MUST be placed in a relevant category.
    Relevant auction(s) have been removed."
    What strikes me is the word "may", its usage neither inferring nor indicating, but stating outright that there is, in fact, doubt concerning the veracity of the infraction charges.

Assumptions are dangerous animals and should always be kept on a short leash, so hope I'm not fixing to get bit in the leg for voicing the following assumption, that being:
    It sounds to me like the entire process is totally automated and once that icon is pushed, said auction is automatically deleted without being seen by a human. If this is the case then, judicially-speaking, "innocent until proven guilty" is out the window right off the bat, "guilty until proven innocent" is bypassed, and we end up with the equation "accusal equals guilt" and punishment (not necessarily justice) is meted out instantaneously.

As I stated, this is only an assumption on my part but, judging from what I have read, it doesn't appear that I'm too far off the mark. It just doesn't look like anyone is really investigating the supposed infractions before deleting someone's time, effort, and livelihood. Again, I remind all that this is only an assumption on my part (and I truly hope that I am totally wrong) and the upcoming theoretical question is based solely upon said assumption: How would you feel if, upon arrival home from a lengthy vacation, you learn that someone had reported that your residence was abandoned and was being used by drug dealers, and had been demolished as being a community danger? Add to this that you would have absolutely no legal recourse?

Yes, that little scenario is quite a stretch, but substitute an Ebid seller coming online, finding that an unknown number of auctions have been deleted with generalized statements given as justification, and not even being able to face their accusor!

My idea of a perfect solution would be that, instead of automated programming taking over when the "report" icon is activated, a large red flashing R ("R" for Report) would appear in the middle of an Ebid staffer's screen. Said staffer would then investigate the incident and make a determination as to the validity of the complaint. If no sound justification is found, then the incident would be entered into a central log so as to track this kind of activity. If valid, then the staffer would contact the seller in question, explain said infraction and its remedy, along with a grace period to rectify the mistake. I'm sure that the vast majority of these incidents are just that - mistakes, and people who make mistakes should be corrected, not punished.

Afterward, the staffer would then input the results and the big flashing red R would stop flashing.

And everyone would live happily everafter.

T H E E N D

Thread Information