eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pay with paypal for Seller+ account, but I dont want a year

Forum Newbie
    View jon22's Feedback (+1)
    All-About jon22
    View jon22's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well good news peeps, after a browse round seems ebid has won me over. I suppose £50 is not a lot as aone off in comparison to ebay. pretty sensible move. have to eat porrige for a couple weeks. Anyone know if you can intergrate auctiva with ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by jon22 View Post
    Having a card isnt the problem (paypal topup card) having money on it is! Im a newbie just starting out ya see and i didnt prepare myself for the bite on the ass that ebay gave me with their fees. i spose the important thing is to learn from your mistakes in this case.

I think ebay will eventually cut their fees down a bit cos a lot of people are heading elsewhere nowadays. But in some ways they are justified cos think if they were dirt cheap the amount of competition would double which wouldnt be such a good thing.

stitchysyl... OP ??
    If only feebay did drop fees but the norm is to find even more ways to get revenue, the latest money grabbing thing is to offer better visability for free postage items which of course means higher FVF.

Well good news peeps, after a browse round seems ebid has won me over. I suppose £50 is not a lot as aone off in comparison to ebay. pretty sensible move. have to eat porrige for a couple weeks. Anyone know if you can intergrate auctiva with ebid?

Hi Jon, if you've got some good stuff to sell, people will find it. Glad to hear you are going to join the ever increasing band of sellers and buyers over here. It does not stop you using other places for some of your listings to help bring your buyers on to ebid.

Not sure about auctiva, I think not.

Cheers Mel

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes i too came looking for an auction site without the hurrendous ridiculous fees! (ebay)

Just a suggestion,
    I want a seller+ account but i dont have a spare 50 quid in my paypal account - times are hard, nor do i have an active credit card that i can use for the cheaper subscriptions, so what do i do?
    I do have a spare 10er in my paypal account, and thats all i would be willing to pay anyway because if this site turns out to be a waste of time, a tener i can afford loose(just about) but 50...i cant. So why can i only buy the most expensive ticket through paypal?

So my suggestion is that ebid accept all payment types (paypal, google checkout etc) for ALL their subscription tickets and not just paypal for the most expensive!

Anyone else agree with me here? Cmon people help me out here, who knows they might just change it if we all start nagging.......hurray then i can start making some money

Power to the people!
    Because greedy paypal- owned by feebay will take a huge chunk of fees from the payment, and as this is a recurring subscription, greedy paypal will keep on taking every month until/unless you cancel the subscription by downgrading to a non subscription ( buyer) level.

Personally if i were ebid i wouldn't allow the use of paypal for subscriptions at all, but so many newbies asked for it- and they listened. Power to the people

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good move there are a lot of useful tips on the forums for selling on ebid, and lots of people willing to help if you have any questions. welcome to ebid

Thread Information