Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: More contact information than email needed

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default More contact information than email needed

Hello. I suppose this problem has been addressed in the past but it's new to me. For the first time in my online buying career, I've encountered a nonresponsive seller. Last Friday the 6th of February, I did Buy It Now on some low cost items. (beside the point....all the seller's items are low cost and I think people buy multiples). I got the after auction notice in the AAL as did the seller. Next I requested an invoice. No response. Next I sent the seller an email directly to the address registered here. No response.

It's a time-sensitive set of items and I would like to either pay for them and get them sent immediately, or at least have the seller tell me she's out of the business.

Is there a way I can acquire a phone number for this seller? Can I ask support to telephone her on my behalf? Is there any other method outside the email address? I ask for more because obviously the seller doesn't respond to emails from both eBid and me.

I realize i should report this seller as nonresponsive at some point but I would prefer to get my items. Fortunately I didn't send instant payment.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

At this stage I think you've done all you can *here*. I'd be inclined to use their ID and email to try to track them down elsewhere, and make contact that way.

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah, yes, that move. I forget things easily. Wouldn't make a great detective. On the trail now and will report back. Thank you, bykimbo

EDIT: Worked like a charm. Sent email to seller on her other venue, got response, got invoice, sent payment! She said she hadn't received notification of my buys on eBid until today. I will write to support about that.
    Last edited by TexasAda; 11th February 2009 at 08:22 PM.

Hello Texas,
    I'm supposing it's ME you are talking about. LOL
    I am not receiving my messages on time.
    Plus, once I do get them, I cannot reply.
    In addition, I cannot mark anything as having been shipped.

That's actually the reason I came to this forum, then I saw your post.

So, this is also a note to let you know, your items have been shipped (Wednesday). You should receive them by next Monday.
    Sorry for all the chaos and confusion,
    V

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

GREAT. Thank you for shipping them so fast. I have already sent a message to support@ebid.net telling them of this apparent problem. They said the system automatically sends notices to both seller and buyer on the day of a sale. Did you look in the "my ebid" tab under "Sold"? Sorry if this seems like an obvious question but possibly you didn't.

As to questions asked back and forth between buyer and seller, I had a little trouble at first, when I joined eBid. I think you have to go to the actual item listing to see if your question has been answered.

However, i will say I haven't received any messages from you until today. There might be a glitch. My understanding is that "Ask (seller, or buyer) a question" is the way to go, rather than "leave a note" (approximate wording) as this note is visible only to you, the person signed in to your own My eBid.

Thanks for the heads up. I will try a few of your suggestions. (Not all apply, cuz, I already tried them)
    I'm sure, some of the problems are on my end. (Like I found your emails in my SPAM folder....finally)
    AND, my anti-virus program ain't doin' me no favors.
    WINDOWS LIVE ONE CARE.....never buy it!
    Life on the internet...AAARG!
    God Bless,
    val

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not on firm ground giving out answers to the ins and outs of using eBid. A few minutes ago I sent you a question about a CLOSED auction, listing #1225953265-18491-0 . I hope you can find it in your My eBid under Q&A.

There are 4 categories of questions there: questions that you need to answer regarding LIVE auctions, questions that you need to answer regarding CLOSED auctions, questions for which you are awaiting answers on LIVE auctions, and questions for which you are awaiting answers on CLOSED auctions.

And I agree spam filters sometimes are too meddlesome!

I've had the same problem off and on all the time I've been here. The only truly sure way to know if anyone has bid/bought anything is to look on the site here in My eBid. The site needs to be monitored.

Relying on the email notifications is going to lead to problems (as you've found out), I've occasionally had the email notification that I've sold something days, and weeks in one notable case, after the deal has been closed, paid for, goods sent/received and feedback left. That also seems to apply to questions as well.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unfortunately the AAL system that is supposed to forward and e-mail when a message is sent is a bit flaky; sometimes works, other times not.
    I have got into the habit of copying any urgent messages into an e-mail and sending them independently, explaing why I have done that in them.

The system seems to be having a bad time at the moment though; I sent an AAL message to one of my buyers last night. This morning I log in to find a message, look it up and find it is the one I sent to him. So did he get it or not?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information