My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Frustrated seller

Angry Frustrated seller

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT EXACTLY WHERE AND HOW TIME AND EFFORT CAN BE SAVED, BY USING PRODUCT CODES ON ITEMS LIKE CDs, BOOKS, VIDEOS and DVDs? THE "SO CALLED" FAQs AND HELP DOES NOT DEAL WITH THIS PROPERLY!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you list an item you will be offered "list standard way" or "list pre-filled info" if such an option is relevant to the category you have chosen.

However, in my experience with books, the database isn't well populated and if you use it, you'll spend more time putting information in, than you save taking it out.

Please also be aware that capitals are considered shouting on the internet and however frustrated you are, shouting at the people you hope will help you (in this case, your fellow ebid sellers) is not the smart way to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When I am listing books I try my best to do the pre-filled way. But you have to remember that you seem to need info for ALL the required fields. Sometimes books don't have a price on so I can't do it. I have recently listed some books on my OH's ID and did the pre-filled just to find that all the info they had on way the name of the book. Not even the author. Not worked out how that has happened as when I do my prefilled the system complains that I have not filled all fields in including 4 digits for the price.

I also download a stock photo and am sometime surprised to find that they already have a suitable photo in stock. On other hand sometimes the system does come up with the most strange stock photo including one of a shop front. Sometime I can work out why the system chose the pic, ususally cos of the author invovled.

But yes it does take a little more time and effort to do it. One day hopefully I will benefit a bit more from fellow members input.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

On the other hand, one day your fellow members may benefit from your data input - it's a two way street

Thanks very much. Apologies for 'shouting'. Your info was helpful

Default Using product Number to shorten listing time.

I hate to say this by on Greedbay, their system really does work and I save a heck of a lot of time listing. Unfortunately I think ebid needs to catch up, it's getting pretty pointless putting stuff on the site. However you response was helpful to me. Thanks.
    Last edited by ozbak; 2nd March 2009 at 12:16 PM.

I have used the prefilled info succesffully for several auctions when listing DVDs, but for other auctions there is no information. I have tried to update information and add products but the options don't show up on the drop down menu. The region and format do no pull down and it will not allow me to save the changes without filling in all the information. I would like to add the prefilled information because I like the look of the prefilled information auctions; at least for it's consistancy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thread Information