Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: why wont they leave feedback?!!

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    but if the buyer is emailing to say they are happy, then surely you could reply to that email to say thank you for your lovely comments, would you mind putting a short note in my feedback to let others know that you received a good service? its not like a "cold call" if they wrote to you already?
    if I sell , I send an email when I Post it , and and ask the to let me know when it arrives and if they are happy , we can exchange feedback if they wish....but if they said no , I would leave feedback for them paying...........papa.

Do you think that there are a lot of buyers that will not shop with a low feedback seller?
    Last edited by Vibrator; 23rd February 2009 at 04:52 AM. Reason: can't spell

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Feedback problems.....

Hi,
    I am sure lots of people are reluctant to buy from people with low or no feedback, I know I sometimes am, even though I am aware that people often don't bother to leave feedback for no apparent reason!
    I hate the way people withold their feedback when you buy on greedbay, until you leave them positive feedback, but I must admit, sometimes I am tempted to do the same.

Diane.
    Last edited by Dianekmt; 24th February 2009 at 03:35 AM.

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View prism2's Feedback (+95)
    All-About prism2
    View prism2's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I choose not to leave feedback, and if I was asked to leave it straight away or I was then nagged about it, I would simply not return to that seller.

So far i have left feedback for every buyer and seller that I have dealt with here, but on other big e site I have refused to leave feedback due to sellers asking for it immediately.

Feedback in my eyes is optional, and should not be a duty.
    Paul

Partner trades as Raindropsies

I agree, it is an option. And since everyone is new on ebid, it is nice to add to their feedback fast, but I forget sometimes and have to be reminded.

How people remind makes a difference to me. Some are awkward and seem rude/demanding, and some really are. I hesitate to bother with feedback for that second group because if that person is abusive to me, what will they do with the next seller?

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I agree, it is an option. And since everyone is new on ebid, it is nice to add to their feedback fast, but I forget sometimes and have to be reminded.

How people remind makes a difference to me. Some are awkward and seem rude/demanding, and some really are. I hesitate to bother with feedback for that second group because if that person is abusive to me, what will they do with the next seller?

Do you mean everyone is new on the USA site...cos I have been here since 2003...

and I buy from and sell to people in the USA.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post

Feedback reminders are system generated and the seller has no way of personalising them that I've ever seen.

Default Possibilities to consider on non feedback leaving buyers..

Quote Originally Posted by morebookbargains View Post
    I'm relativly new to ebid, and have had some sales - i have 2 people at the moment who just wont leave feedback - one of them has bought 4 things!. I have sent a request to them 5 times. I have also send a really nice email asking if they liked their items - if not i would rectify the problem etc - but still nothing. What can i do now as their feedback is so important to me!
    I went the same route as you...no replies....then I tripped over the observation that the buyer (at the time of the sale) was a competing store up here...which is o.k...I will sell to anyone. I checked THEIR feedback and noticed a negative etc. Thankfully EBID allows one to change their feedback and since I left a positive after payment I changed it to neutral explaining that I was trying to get their attention to cause them to leave me my feedback...which I, like you, consider important. Still nothing...but as someone suggested in one of the responses to you...time to move on....with both eyes open. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by QualityCardsOnly; 1st March 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: mistake in body of response

Default Response

Quote Originally Posted by prism2 View Post
    If I choose not to leave feedback, and if I was asked to leave it straight away or I was then nagged about it, I would simply not return to that seller.

So far i have left feedback for every buyer and seller that I have dealt with here, but on other big e site I have refused to leave feedback due to sellers asking for it immediately.

Feedback in my eyes is optional, and should not be a duty.
    Feedback is the barometer by which all are judged on this site and on Greedbay.....it is not a "duty" but a favor for all your fellow members..if you leave honest feedback to let them know the "flavor" of whom they are dealing. You should be honest enough to let your buyers or sellers know that you find leaving feedback a nuisance and may or may not leave one.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Feedback is optional, but it has also been completely skewed away from the natural order of things.

Buyers should always leave it first, once they have the goods and are satisfied with their purchase and the seller's service. The seller then knows that barring "normal" events that follow any purchase, on or off line, the customer is happy the transaction is complete, and can then leave the feedback for the buyer.

That last step is somewhat akin to a B&M store permitting a customer to return, or banning them from ever entering the premises again - it's the vendor's premises, and their decision. Sellers leaving feedback for buyers is giving them the green light (or otherwise) to buy again, not just flagging the buyer and transaction for other sellers.

(I know what I'm trying to say, just not sure if it communicates correctly)

Gaz

Thread Information