eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Oh blast, darn, heck and pshaw! Google fees.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if nochex & moneybookers is easy to use and does it have integrated checkout like paypal, pppay & GC?
    Ive used nochex for a long time, not had no probs with it, yes it has an integrated checkout. I got as far as signup with moneybookers, but never completed the p/w they wanted to prove it was me. More hassle that I didnt need at the time so cant speak for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Maybe its on the cards that feebay will accept Google as a Payment option , and the price for this is to charge the same as Paypal.
    I never expected the charge to remain low but thought they would be a bit cheaper than the established competition.
    Most annoying thing for me with Google when i have money in credit wont let me use it when i purchase something have to use the card.
    I agree - I have mine set to pay out fortnightly so its consistent with A*azon, but its annoying when you have to pay by card when you have a balance looking at you.

Ever get the feeling that your banging your head against a brick wall??
    It seems like everyone is out to screw over the small business sellers :-(
    I will continue to use google and paypal but I do it thru gritted teeth.
    Beautiful hand made wire sculpted jewellery.

wire jewellery making supplies

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just signed up to moneybookers will be adding to my listings when all confirmed, and then probably nochex, and think I signed up to egg as well some time ago will look that up as well
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    We were thinking about offering a 1% discount if buyers used Google Checkout and a 3% discount if they paid by any type of check. Hadn't done it yet because it seemed a bit difficult to explain. Now it's easy.

3% discount for NOT using Google Checkout or PayPal, passing the savings along to the buyer. Won't be much on low-priced items, but could be a chunk on our more expensive listings or multiple purchases.
    Good idea. You might want to check out Revolutionary Money Exchange too. It's only good for US buyers/sellers though.

Posting #52 - Not 100% true to say everyone not supporting small business sellers - there is one small corner of the internet where the stated business policy is to help sellers trade profitably - it's eBid. So here at least the smaller people have one safe haven where they are valued.

Maybe i will keep Google just in case Paypal goes down or they mess with my account.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    Posting #52 - Not 100% true to say everyone not supporting small business sellers - there is one small corner of the internet where the stated business policy is to help sellers trade profitably - it's eBid. So here at least the smaller people have one safe haven where they are valued.
    Would that be the site that's just imposed compulsory feedback begging letters - something that can annoy buyers, but if they work will improve the site's statistics? Since this particular small business seller puts customer satisfaction above both her own and ebid's precious feedback stats, I'm a bit unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Would that be the site that's just imposed compulsory feedback begging letters - something that can annoy buyers, but if they work will improve the site's statistics? Since this particular small business seller puts customer satisfaction above both her own and ebid's precious feedback stats, I'm a bit unimpressed.
    Why on earth would they start sending begging letters. A lot of the sales i have had on here are from 0 feedback people, that never leave feedback, and i would rather not keep sending them reminders, in case it anoys them to the point of leaving me a neg. I'm happy with the feedback i do get.

As for google as i said earlier on in this thread, i have no idea why people don't use nochex in the uk, it's so blinking easy to use, you can also put a payment link in auctions, or just send a payment request, and its safe & secure to use. you don't even need to sign up to make a payment. And now it's cheaper to use than the others.

View dave1066's Feedback (+880)
    All-About dave1066
    View dave1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Just signed up to moneybookers will be adding to my listings when all confirmed, and then probably nochex, and think I signed up to egg as well some time ago will look that up as well
    I joined moneybookers a while back, never got around to adding it to payment options, I will do so now
    Nochex is good, received payments from eb*y & ebid sales with no problems

Lots of stuff for Sale

• Computer parts
    • Books
    • DVDs
    • Lots more

Please have a browse

------------------------------------------------------

View dave1066's Feedback (+880)
    All-About dave1066
    View dave1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starlady22 View Post
    Why on earth would they start sending begging letters. A lot of the sales i have had on here are from 0 feedback people, that never leave feedback, and i would rather not keep sending them reminders, in case it anoys them to the point of leaving me a neg. I'm happy with the feedback i do get.

As for google as i said earlier on in this thread, i have no idea why people don't use nochex in the uk, it's so blinking easy to use, you can also put a payment link in auctions, or just send a payment request, and its safe & secure to use. you don't even need to sign up to make a payment. And now it's cheaper to use than the others.
    I agree
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....722#post950722

Lots of stuff for Sale

• Computer parts
    • Books
    • DVDs
    • Lots more

Please have a browse

------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information