Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thats a good post.
    i entirely agree with everything you have said.
    cheers tony

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ugrow View Post

I would like to see eBid succeed but unfortunatly not enough people know about it. I am sorry but the bottom line is No fees = No sales or Pay a fee = Get sales. It would appear that unless eBid takes off big style then I am stuck with 3Bay.
    What you say is very true - BUT, if you see the two sites as the only venue you can sell you are really limiting yourself.

Think if them both as different tools for selling. A bit like a screwdriver and a hammer. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. You can use both alongside each other, take advantage of whatever promotions and offers each is doing, and drive sales backwards and forwards via whatever menas you have availabel to you.

After all, you wouldn't expect a mechanic to start woking on your car, and bashing away at everything with his hammer, explaining:

"Ahh - But I only use a hammer. I don't like screwdrivers, they cost too much"

Use every tool in your tool box to get the job done!

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Newbie
    View 1ade's Feedback (-1)
    All-About 1ade
    View 1ade's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy pics

can anyone tell me how to get Pics in gallery ive listed items already but cannot find insert gallery pics when i go to edit item. thanx

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

you missed a bit off the end.
    Greedbay,more sales,more fees,less profit.
    As other posters have said I think these days you have to rely on any site as a tool,not the tool for sales.Use greedbay but don't get carried away and incur high charges otherwise you end up selling for the sake of selling,used Ebid as an outlet and an attention grabber for your other venues and maybe your own site.
    Relying on just one outlet just doesn't cut it anymore.

I had on my ebay 'about me' page, under favorite links, my link to my ebid store. Received message today from ebay that they deleted my about me page because of link. Oh, well. I've had that link on there since I joined ebid. Guess they finally caught up with me.

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

Greed bay must be getting paranoid.I just tried to list a repeat 99p auction and got a message that I have to contact some greed bay person or another due to 'account irregularities'.
    I can't be bothered but then when I go to close the account all together. (it's hardly worth the aggro these days) I find I can't.
    Apparently I owe them nearly a whole pound,but when I go to pay via Poopal that doesn't work either.Well,I suppose under a pound to get rid of this bunch of wallies ain't too bad really.
    But be warned all those who criticise greed bay.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    you missed a bit off the end.
    Greedbay,more sales,more fees,less profit.
    As other posters have said I think these days you have to rely on any site as a tool,not the tool for sales.Use greedbay but don't get carried away and incur high charges otherwise you end up selling for the sake of selling,used Ebid as an outlet and an attention grabber for your other venues and maybe your own site.
    Relying on just one outlet just doesn't cut it anymore.
    Greedbay, more sales, more fees, less profit, Wrong. My profit margins on 3Bay are more now than they were twelve and 24 months ago. It's a question of pitching your percentage income against increased expenditure. As for relying on just one outlet I have never done that in over 50 years of trading. EBid and 3Bay are my two smallest outlets and if I had to pay fees to list on eBid then it would not even be one of them as percentage income against expenditure would be minus.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

Well for me the Ebay scenario of more sales,high fees and less profit does apply.,looking on the ebay forums I think I'm only one of thousands.
    Some people rely on only one outlet for sales.I think thats wrong,you obviously agree with me.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ugrow View Post
    Greedbay, more sales, more fees, less profit, Wrong. My profit margins on 3Bay are more now than they were twelve and 24 months ago. It's a question of pitching your percentage income against increased expenditure. As for relying on just one outlet I have never done that in over 50 years of trading. EBid and 3Bay are my two smallest outlets and if I had to pay fees to list on eBid then it would not even be one of them as percentage income against expenditure would be minus.
    I think your view will be coloured by your level of sucess here. I find that collectables sell well so I'm pretty positive.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I think your view will be coloured by your level of sucess here. I find that collectables sell well so I'm pretty positive.
    Sorry to disappoint you but my view is not coloured by success or failure on this site. I am just being practical. I am quite sure that some people like yourself do quite well with sales on this site and good luck to you.

Other people do quite well on the other side myself included. We see a lot of comments from people on here knocking 3Bay and maybe with good cause in their particular circumstances, but there must be thousands out there that are quite satisfied with 3Bay.

I have said before I am not a lover of 3bay and don't like paying their charges but at the end of the day one has to be where the money is and unfortunately in my case and possibly others it does not seem to be on eBid. I wish it was.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

Thread Information