eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone considered trying the loss leader approach?

Sid, I think you're right about buyers buying one specific item - I have found that as well.

When I'm buying, I look at the seller's other items if they combine postage, and am more attracted to sellers with a good range of items on offer.
    But I was trying to buy several items from one seller last week and asked them if they combine postage. I got no reply, despite Ebid automatically nudging 6 times! Since the items were needed for this week, it's too late now and I bet that seller is wondering why their stuff isn't selling!

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    Sid, I think you're right about buyers buying one specific item - I have found that as well.

When I'm buying, I look at the seller's other items if they combine postage, and am more attracted to sellers with a good range of items on offer.
    But

automatically nudging 6 times! Since the items were needed for this week, it's too late now and I bet that seller is wondering why their stuff isn't selling!
    thankyou treasuredbargains i would like my humble survey to be wrong but until we get more diverse items listed then were not going to get specific buyers to come back and buy, they may well browse, but if they cant find what there looking for they cant buy,chicken or the egg,? i think its up to sellers, the more sellers and items listed the better chance of buyers finding the site and the goods there after,sellers already know we dont get the huge traffic other sites get, yet there is traffic and there is sales,i for one will keep listing keep adding stock as and when, i really want ebid not to survive but to thrive,and i think its down to the sellers to make this happen,

"I was trying to buy several items from one seller last week and asked them if they combine postage. I got no reply, despite Ebid" "

thats a good case of a seller not being on the ball, sure were all ill or outand about at some time, but your responsable as a seller towards your customers and any reflection of your service does reflect upon the site,good or bad,the dedication of a lot of sellers on ebid is absolutley outstanding some have been here for many years some for 6 months yet the level of commitment is consistant with any 5 star PS [ or even better] for me the enthusiasm of sellers wanting to make ebid a thriving site is its greatist assett along with the guys who make it work in the background,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information