eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new store

View dbdog73's Feedback (+369)
    All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default My new store

I've finally gotten round to setting up my shop Only 1 item listed so far (just to test it out) but many more to come soon. Just a couple of quick questions though;

1. I'm currently suscribed to one month Seller+. At the end of the month will I automatically be billed for another month or do I have to manually pay? (If all goes well I will upgrade to Seller+ lifetime).

2. My shop doesn't currently appear in the relevent shop list category. Why is this? Does it take a while after opening the shop for it to appear?

Cheers people & I must say it feels very good to be here as opposed to 'the other place'. I still use the other place but only for single items. Having a hobby shop on there is a non starter these days. Ebid is the way forward
    Last edited by dbdog73; 15th April 2009 at 07:42 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbdog73 View Post
    1. I'm currently subscribed to one month Seller+. At the end of the month will I automatically be billed for another month or do I have to manually pay? (If all goes well I will upgrade to Seller+ lifetime).
    Theoretically you will be automatically billed as it is a recurring subscription that runs until you cancel it. There have been cases where the automatic renewal has not occurred (seems to be, based on little evidence, when the renewal happens on a weekend) and you get dropped to buyer status. Suck it and see is the best advice I can give.

2. My shop doesn't currently appear in the relevant shop list category. Why is this? Does it take a while after opening the shop for it to appear?
    Stores (shops are feebay) do not appear in the store list if they are empty. The count of items in a store, for historical reasons, is only made twice a day; once at 13.00 and once a 01.00 UK time.
    Your sole listing in your store indicates it was created at 18.57 GMT today so your store will only show as 'stocked' at 01.00 at which time it should appear in the list of stores.
    Last edited by astral276; 15th April 2009 at 10:43 PM.

All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cheers, Astral. I'll see how it goes with the subscription. I'll probably be upgrading to Seller+ Lifetime before long anyway (want to get my free T-shirt & spread the word )

hi, im new to this site having got fed up of the other channel, so i decided to come here and try my luck, i started a eBid store yesterday and put a few cards on and it appeared in the stores ok, but today having put more cards on i found my store has disappeared, can anyone help me please thanx

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolwyld View Post
    hi, im new to this site having got fed up of the other channel, so i decided to come here and try my luck, i started a eBid store yesterday and put a few cards on and it appeared in the stores ok, but today having put more cards on i found my store has disappeared, can anyone help me please thanx
    Still there: http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...yldworld-Cards

What made you think you'd lost it?

hi kimbo,, i cant see it, it says in the catogories 47 stores but when i look ther ony 46 and mine not on, i thought id done something wrong

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You don't say where you're looking, but do you mean in the store browse list? I'm not sure how often that's updated. Some areas are only updated twice a day. Look again this afternoon. Your store exists and has items in it, as shown by the link I posted. Check after one o'clock.

If you mean somewhere else, can you give a bit more information about where you're looking?

Im going to top of my page and clicking stores then down to Hand made crafts , there it says 47 stores so i click there and it takes me to all stores but in there it says 46 stores active and mine not there,, iv followed your link and seen it , feel better now thanx a lot for your help

All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm getting the same thing, Carol. My store eventually appeared in the relevent list after launching it yesterday. But today it seems to have dissapeared.

it must be eBid fault then, best give it a few hours befor doing anything

Thread Information