View Poll Results: Best Offer option. Yes or No

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it would be a "good" thing.

71 62.83%
  • No

42 37.17%
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: How about a "Best-Offer" or a "Haggle" option?

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    There has been a lot more debated on this thread than simply a 'yes or no' poll!

I personally get really fed up with people who come here, join up, and after a very short time, decide that this site is 'not what they are used to' , so then start badgering for everything to be altered!

I think that if they find the site doesn't suit them, they should look elsewhere to find what they really want, (or start their own site with all the 'enhancements' they want!)
    I don't think it's just that they want what 'they're used to'. I think they just want the things that worked for sales on other sites to some day be in place on this site.

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why not go whole hog and bring back bartering??
    we could suggest swopsies next!!( mind you a camel for my ex hubby wouldnt be a bad idea but a damn good deal!!)
    it is either an auction(top bid wins) or a BIN.

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

There has been a lot more debated on this thread than simply a 'yes or no' poll!

I personally get really fed up with people who come here, join up, and after a very short time, decide that this site is 'not what they are used to' , so then start badgering for everything to be altered!

I think that if they find the site doesn't suit them, they should look elsewhere to find what they really want, (or start their own site with all the 'enhancements' they want!)
    Don't take it personally . It's a person's right to be wrong. )

I don't have a problem with people making suggestions for improvements. The site would be static and unable to evolve if it never changed. I have a problem, though, when certain people have idea and turn it into a crusade. They totally dismiss contrary opinions. I expressed some very detailed reasons why I voted "no" and received almost no feedback on my thoughts except for some repeated mantras (like "other people want it so why can't we have choice and then those that want it can decide").
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    I don't think it's just that they want what 'they're used to'. I think they just want the things that worked for sales on other sites to some day be in place on this site.
    And that begs the question why did they ever leave the other site in the first place. If 98% of things were right on that other site and they still left it because of the 2% they didn't like, what chance does eBid have of making those people happy?
    Last edited by marschenegger; 15th April 2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: speeeellllling
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

I have a problem, though, when certain people have idea and turn it into a crusade

So do I! - That was the point I was trying to make!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Borderdoors View Post
    Why not go whole hog and bring back bartering??
    we could suggest swopsies next!!( mind you a camel for my ex hubby wouldnt be a bad idea but a damn good deal!!)
    it is either an auction(top bid wins) or a BIN.
    Unfortunately with the showroom view as a default, the bids don't show unless a newbie figures out how to change back to gallery view, so the auction part has basically been lost now.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think a "Make me an offer" box would be fine,
    but it must be up to the seller to include it in their auction.
    It can not be made mandatory.

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unfortunately with the showroom view as a default, the bids don't show unless a newbie figures out how to change back to gallery view, so the auction part has basically been lost now.
    Yes that might appear the case from the showroom view, but even us newbies click on the item to read the description before we bid or buy same as anywhere else, who just bids on a picture without knowing more about the item.

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

You are so right. Every member has the right to post Suggestions in the "Website SUGGESTIONS and Glitches" forum. Not just certain people.

For once, here, I find myself agreeing with marshenegger!!

If you sign up to ANYTHING with Rules, Terms, conditions etc, you are signing up to abide by those rules.

Pointless jumping in immediately trying to get the thing you signed for to change because its not quite what you wanted!
    Oh, dear. Does this mean I'm not allowed to ask for changes, now or ever, or I'll be labeled a malcontent? We have almost 800 listings now, so obviously we're not planning to leave, and we're quite happy to be here. That doesn't mean I may not have an idea at some time in the future that isn't in the "Rules, Terms, Conditions, etc." It sounds as though everything is now written in stone. Please tell me that's not true!

Thread Information