Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: ADMIN 3 simple suggestions to help us your customers

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    "The forums are only available as a voluntary add on for as long as eBid management wish them to be - they are not part of the service which you are entitled to when you pay your subscription."

indeed they are not damian no one needs to subscribe to use the forums or to buy for that matter, but they must join the site and in doing so agree to the T+Cs subscribing allows you to sell via a one off fee or a rolling fee,
    If they are not part of the service which you pay for, then how can they form part of the T&Cs which relate specifically to the service which you pay for? You are agreeing to the T&Cs for the auction side only. That is what you pay for. That is where the legal agreement is. That is what the T&Cs refer to. ONLY the auction side. If you still can't understand that then there is no hope for you. I am done banging my head against this brick wall.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

there are T&Cs witch are specifically aimed at subscription members ,they are the rules on selling your conduct ect, with the relavant disclaimers,but they are only part of the T&Cs.we all tick the same box to join on what ever level,when you join ebid as a buyer or seller or just join, to use the forums for example , you agree to the T&Cs to join THERE IS NO DISTINTION as a whole,you can not join the site as a buyer only without agreeing to the T&Cs there is no subscription to join to buy but you agree to the T&Cs otherwise you could not join the site,the same T&Cs cover the whole site and any disclaimers, you are not wrong in saying the subscribed member is obliged to the T&Cs but so is the non subscribed member, any part of the T&Cs relating to subscribed members ie to sell relate to selling,all members are obliged to follow the T&Cs other wise what would be the point in agreeing to them to join?
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I don't think that is going to help you see the light Damian.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I missing something here.

When I pose a question here and another member replies I don't think they are speaking on behalf of eBid.

If I give advice on here...I would include a link to where I found the answer. I don't see how my advice could be anything to do with eBid.

Maybe members adding a disclaimer to any advising replies would work

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here is a copy of the e-mail reply from eBid after I questioned the use of their logo for the recipe book(italics mine):

Wouldn't a simple note in the foreword
    > stating that eBid in no way endorses the book be sufficient?

Hi Richard

The issue is that we cannot endorse it as an official eBid charity if we do not control or run the charity. This is the norm with any company.
    With regards to your suggestion, if it is acknowledged that eBid in no way endorses the book, this would be perfect. Please understand, that we will try and accomodate as best we can and appreciate your email.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

So we could use the logo if we include a disclaimer in the foreword.

Love to all
    Poppa

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppa501 View Post
    Here is a copy of the e-mail reply from eBid after I questioned the use of their logo for the recipe book(italics mine):

Wouldn't a simple note in the foreword
    > stating that eBid in no way endorses the book be sufficient?

Hi Richard

The issue is that we cannot endorse it as an official eBid charity if we do not control or run the charity. This is the norm with any company.
    With regards to your suggestion, if it is acknowledged that eBid in no way endorses the book, this would be perfect. Please understand, that we will try and accomodate as best we can and appreciate your email.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

So we could use the logo if we include a disclaimer in the foreword.

Love to all
    Poppa

Oh good, can we all go to bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    Copyright law could be the issue as far as the book goes or of course if somebody became ill using one of the recipes who would be sued eBid. That's the society we live in today, years ago it would not happen but now you have to be so careful as people will sue at a drop of the hat.
    Exactly the kind of points I brought up in the KT about this, but was told to buzz off as it is ''only a recipe book''.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 23rd April 2009 at 08:08 PM.

Thread Information