Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printer nightmare

Default Printer nightmare

For those have have gone down the dark road of printer failure can relate to what I'm saying. Ok the last time I used my printer it worked fine. I try and print an invoice and it goes south. Hanging up and you can't delete the print in progress. Search for driver updates. Completely remove and install again. Clean the cartridges, I mean give it the total work over. Clear memory. I'm thinking this is a basic 3-1 printer. Geesh it doesn't run the space shuttle. About ready to take the sledge hammer to it. Then I thought I would try PP software for printing. I'm not hear to blow their horn but whatever their software did the printer starts and worked fine. Still sitting hear wondering why I just spent 3 hours and got nowhere. Makes you feel like a complete incompetent.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't even think of the printer having a memory! I just hope it will continue to work for me, because I wouldn't have a clue where to start

Canuckbid, you did better than me. Mine chucked a wobbly after I changed both ink cartridges and refused to do anything other than telling me it was printing when it blatantly wasn't.

After a few hours, spread over a week, of trying to convince it to do something, including downloading the software, I gave up and bought a new one.
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I worked in the IT field, printers were always a nightmare and even the techy guys that came to repair them groaned when they saw it was a printer problem.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

My old Canon iP1000 keeps on going and prints better then me Epson 8400

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like HP, Laserjet or inkjet, they get along with 3 installed on one computer. My IBM laser printer don't even like itself.

I found in my exsperience that canons are less trouble than most
    i have an epson at the mo but after so many cleaning cycles it told me that it needs serviceing , not true you can download free software for this to reset the counters saving your self 40 quid
    A bit of a con on epsons part after all you wouldn't exspect a washing machine to need repairing simply beacuse the counter said it had done a 1,000 washes ,regarless of weather the relevant parts were worn out or not you can't recycle thier cartridges either which is bad for the enviroment ,you can't refill them yourself either as they are chipped , unless you buy a chip resetter £8
    Um epson are a very greedy and enviromentally unfriendly company and when this one goes kaput i wouldn't buy another on on princable

Quote Originally Posted by kaylacrafts View Post
    I found in my exsperience that canons are less trouble than most
    i have an epson at the mo but after so many cleaning cycles it told me that it needs serviceing , not true you can download free software for this to reset the counters saving your self 40 quid
    A bit of a con on epsons part after all you wouldn't exspect a washing machine to need repairing simply beacuse the counter said it had done a 1,000 washes ,regarless of weather the relevant parts were worn out or not you can't recycle thier cartridges either which is bad for the enviroment ,you can't refill them yourself either as they are chipped , unless you buy a chip resetter £8
    Um epson are a very greedy and enviromentally unfriendly company and when this one goes kaput i wouldn't buy another on on princable
    Have had the same problem with Epson and like an idiot even bought another but it was cheaper than having the chip reset.
    I have seen on feebay people selling a disc that will do it for you.

If you are resetting the chip, make sure you attach a small hose to the rear, and connect the other end of the hose to a small bottle or similar, otherwise you could flood your printer.

I only mention this because it happened to me about 4 years ago.

The next printer, I found how to prevent it by attaching a hose at the rear.

Alternatively, you will need to replace the Waste Ink Pad/Pads with a new one/ones, or at the very least remove and wash & dry the old pads, otherwise the old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer.

It still applies to some Epson printers.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 19th May 2009 at 06:52 PM.

View cepher0's Feedback (+700)
    All-About cepher0
    View cepher0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have any of you thought about buying a Lexmark Printer...

The only reason i say this is because all the memory etc: is on a chip on the ink cartridge, so once you have the drivers for the printer there is nothing that can go wrong with it...just change the ink cartridges when needed...

IBM sold off it's printer division to a company who then called themselves Lexmark, so if you buy a Lexmark printer at least you will know they have a 'Named Company' to keep up with with and if they don't...well woe betide them !!!

Take care All...

Hugs, Arline xx

Great Card Making and Scrapbooking Goodies at Low Low Prices. In Store Now

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=The-Scrapbook-Crafters-Carousel

Thread Information