eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: None of my items are showing on Google Shopping any more

Default Re: None of my items are showing on Google Shopping any more

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    This may sound dumb but, are y'all saying that if we don't do as Google says, no one will see our items we have up for "auction" or "buy now". Is there no other way for people to find our products. I am seller + but, maybe I should give Etsy another try.
    I don't think eBid is the only victim. I did some random searches tonight, on Bing, Yahoo, Google and DogPile just to compare the results. There are very few listings from any auction sites, and of course they're mixed in with informational sites. I spotted a few of my listings (that's what I looked for, again at random).

The idea of a search engine strictly for shoppers was great, Google had a wonderful idea and got there first, but now they've messed it up. So, we're back to where we were before Google Product Search was implemented. I know they had something similar called Froogle before that, but it never took off.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    This may sound dumb but, are y'all saying that if we don't do as Google says, no one will see our items we have up for "auction" or "buy now". Is there no other way for people to find our products. I am seller + but, maybe I should give Etsy another try.
    Your items should show up on Google search, the same as they have always done, the listing pages are crawled by the google spiders & added to their search engine, but if you don't do as Google say they will not show on google shopping.

The unknown factor is how much, if any, influence does being submitted to Google Shopping have on the way your items show in Google search.

The rules they set out for GS, apply to ALL sites that submit feeds, not just eBid, or other auction sites, but also those who run their own ecommerce websites.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had 3 items show up today

Then they didn't

Then they did

Then they didn't

GS has some issues
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1963)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just randomly picked three of my stamp items and choose part of the title to search on Google "everything", two of the three items appeared high up on the first page of Google.

I then put the three items in Google "shopping" and this time they appeared with photographs (but no reviews) all on the first page.

My example is "GB National Productivity" - this stamp did not appear on the first page of Google everything, most likely because I did not use the word "stamp", but is the third item on Google shopping.

Google Shopping seems to be fixed at the moment, at least for me.

Well it's not fixed for me.

Google shopping has none of my items, and a general google search means sifting through hundreds of pages before it picks an item out.

If this is the way things are set to go, it is goodbye Ebid for me.

I've now reapplied as recommended by Ebid, but am not holding my breath.

Tia"s Treasures and Gothicina, thanks for the comments...wasn't sure how it worked. Sometimes I like things as they were...wasn't so complicated for this old lady [lol]. I will just keep plugging along, for a while anyway.
    Also either I'm getting a lot of viewers or the counter is messed up. So, these "viewers" are all from my facebook and not from google!!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FortesMentum View Post
    Well it's not fixed for me.

Google shopping has none of my items, and a general google search means sifting through hundreds of pages before it picks an item out.

If this is the way things are set to go, it is goodbye Ebid for me.
    Why goodbye eBid? It's not their fault we are being messed about.

Just read the latest from Gazza:
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...opping-Updates

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Why goodbye eBid? It's not their fault we are being messed about.

Just read the latest from Gazza:
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...opping-Updates
    What I meant is that this problem is the final straw (for me at least), particularly if the problem is not resolved.

In my case, I depend on Google Shopping for buyers since my market is an extreme niche. Sales are bad enough (just 5 in 2 years), and now this. I've not had any real views since the problem began, and have little confidence that it will get much better.

It was a metaphorical 'goodbye',

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FortesMentum View Post
    What I meant is that this problem is the final straw (for me at least), particularly if the problem is not resolved.

In my case, I depend on Google Shopping for buyers since my market is an extreme niche. Sales are bad enough (just 5 in 2 years), and now this. I've not had any real views since the problem began, and have little confidence that it will get much better.

It was a metaphorical 'goodbye',
    My experience is that very few UK shoppers using Google Shopping anyway. I've done nothing to adjust to the latest changes because it seems like a waste of time and energy to me. More people use the normal Google search in my opinion, which should be unchanged.

Thread Information