Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    Deltas talking about abandoned listings absent sellers charging them not present sellers
    That is not the way it comes across to me, and I don't think there is any way ebid could implement that if Delta really meant that.as those absent sellers signed for seller+ and expect and are entitled to the same as the rest of us. There are some good ideas been mentioned on this thread, I am sure if admin really got there heads together they could come up with a solution to these absent sellers because as others have said they are bad news for ebid.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think it's necessary to charge additional fees.

"locking" or "blocking" the inactive sellers is a win/win situation. Their dead listings are not shown to potential buyers and yet, they get to keep their stores per their lifetime enrollment. All they have to do is follow the very simple instructions that ebid would set up to get their stores and listings back. Lifetime membership is not a synonym for irresponsibility.

I'm sure management has made changes as the site grew and addressed issues that have arisen. This issue is another major issue and it's really important to address it. We will continue to get posts from disgruntled buyers and we will continue to lose sellers until they do.

I don't think it's fair to say that they make their money from the membership fees because I do think that effort is being made to improve the site. It is a good place to be but honestly, it will die if some of the larger issues are not addressed.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    That is not the way it comes across to me, and I don't think there is any way ebid could implement that if Delta really meant that.as those absent sellers signed for seller+ and expect and are entitled to the same as the rest of us. There are some good ideas been mentioned on this thread, I am sure if admin really got there heads together they could come up with a solution to these absent sellers because as others have said they are bad news for ebid.
    Deltas surgestion must be taken in contex with the jist of the whole thread its a idea a surgestion, that would not effect "all present and correct sellers "

ebid can implement any changes they want, and again in the contex of this thread i would not complain if they charged absent sellers after a fair warning and due proccess
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I don't think it's necessary to charge additional fees.

"locking" or "blocking" the inactive sellers is a win/win situation. Their dead listings are not shown to potential buyers and yet, they get to keep their stores per their lifetime enrollment. All they have to do is follow the very simple instructions that ebid would set up to get their stores and listings back. Lifetime membership is not a synonym for irresponsibility.

I'm sure management has made changes as the site grew and addressed issues that have arisen. This issue is another major issue and it's really important to address it. We will continue to get posts from disgruntled buyers and we will continue to lose sellers until they do.

I don't think it's fair to say that they make their money from the membership fees because I do think that effort is being made to improve the site. It is a good place to be but honestly, it will die if some of the larger issues are not addressed.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Thank you Sid, it has to be some sort of workable solution and we have to consider the downside of any solution too. Its great to throw these ideas out, but administration obviously has to consider all the pros and cons and staff time too. That is why this problem is taking so long to solve, its now getting really busy on ebid, and administration can't stop and start to cull the listings one by one if they look old.

I still like the idea of putting a temp lock on questionable listings that get reported. Much easier to do. if a seller comes on in a little while and sees the store locked, they can discuss it with ebid and explain what happened. MAYBE get the new key, maybe not. A two step process perhaps? For administration to run around seeking and erasing questionable listings is a never ending job that they don't want to start. Can we blame them?

So again, think of something that is not time consuming for staff, that is good for ebid, and solves the problem.

What a sticky issue. I don't think any of us really want to see fees because a lot of us have had that experience up to our ears.

The problem still seems to be that a lot of dead weight that needs to be addressed and if we all have to do our share of policing then so be it. I don't want to offend other sellers or eBid. I just don't want to have to compete on the site or Google for buyers that are not being serviced.

Several have suggested that absentee sellers be reported to Adm. I have looked and looked and can't really see a place to do this. Perhaps this is the solution. Of course this can open another whole can of worms. You can create a whole bunch of tattle tales that may have a grudge against any one of us and misuse the venue.

Oh how I wish I had the wisdom of Solomon!!!!

dardonboi...What a sticky issue. I don't think any of us really want to see fees because a lot of us have had that experience up to our ears.

Several have suggested that absentee sellers be reported to Adm. I have looked and looked and can't really see a place to do this. Perhaps this is the solution.

At the top of each listing there is a tab for report auction. You could use this option by letting admin know that you have asked a question and had no response, etc. But I do not this is the solution on a permanent basis.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sent admin a whole spreadsheet with store names, last date of login, what page the store was on etc. I think that admin just has to decide what they want to do. I wish they would just say something like, "we are planning an update to the site, we will address this problem, please look for it in the Fall,(winter, spring whatever). It would sure put a lot of this to rest for awhile!!!!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I sent admin a whole spreadsheet with store names, last date of login, what page the store was on etc. I think that admin just has to decide what they want to do. I wish they would just say something like, "we are planning an update to the site, we will address this problem, please look for it in the Fall,(winter, spring whatever). It would sure put a lot of this to rest for awhile!!!!

And give us some hope the problem will be addressed.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Forum Newbie
    View sandatech's Feedback (+153)
    All-About sandatech
    View sandatech's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe lock down should be first, but not deletion. I don't think notifying inactive sellers ahead of time is going to make much difference because all they would do is log in and be gone again, not answering potential customer questions, etc. I believe that after an inactive seller is locked down, say a period of say 90 days, their listings should be completely removed, but their account still active. I'm saying this assuming there could be some sort of legal entanglements...for example, "I paid $49.49 for lifetime and you deleted my account. I'm gonna sue!" If a seller doesn't look at their stores for 90 days, even 30 days, then clearly they're not serious sellers, hence removal of their listings would probably not matter to them.

I do think, however, that Administration should post here since this thread is now 20 pages long and give us some kind of any idea of what they may be planning. Afterall, we are the ones who have paid for lifetime memberships and are trying to help build up eBid.

After reading the Terms of Service, I believe that eBid could delete stores provided they update their Terms of Service and notify seller as is outlined within this text extracted from eBid's Terms of Service.

"We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the service if there is a change in the law or our operational requirements. We will not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer if we have to modify or cease the service for reasons beyond our control if we give you at least 30 days notice. In certain exceptional circumstances beyond our control we may have to change or discontinue the service without giving you this amount of notice. If this is the case we will give you as much notice as we can.

If you do not wish to use the new operating rules or policies you should not continue to use the service after the notice requirement."
    Last edited by sandatech; 4th August 2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Adding info

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    So listing numbers may look good on auction site comparison websites but they mean nothing - repeat NOTHING - to the people that generate eBid's and our income - i.e. the buyers.
    Couldn't agree more. The numbers game is a site/seller perspective. NOBODY wants 112 million items, so who cares if a site HAS 112 million listings?

Thread Information