Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything Else I Could Be Doing?

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Anything Else I Could Be Doing?

Patience and hard work is the key with eBid, particularly when you are starting out. Kreative is absolutely right: the first sale is all important. I did quite well here when I joined last year after a slow start, but after that first sale, a momentum started to build. Things went off the boil a bit when I didn't have the time to dedicate the work that selling here requires. I have now got back in the fold again and after another slow start, have made two sales in 24 hours.
    I have a Pinterest business account and have noticed a big spike in views to my pins over the last couple of days. Whether this bears any relation to the sales or not, I do not know. I suspect it would be foolhardy to ignore social media these days though, so embrace it all you can.
    You seem to be working very hard at it, that first sale WILL come.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is probably a good idea to start building up your home grown eBid feedback, this can be kick started by making a purchase or two.

I recently created a Pinterest Business account and have all my items listed there. While I haven't seen any results yet, they do seem to be getting a lot of views. I have also been advertising on a Google+ page.

I have A LOT more to list. I probably have enough inventory to easily put 500 items in each of my three stores, probably more. I have a box of 17 items that will be going on eBid soon. It just takes time. If you look at any of my listings, I describe and take pictures to the point it is excessive compared to other similar listings. I believe however that that is key to having a potential buyer be comfortable with purchasing from me.

Never thought that having true eBid feedback was something that could affect it. I haven't really been buying a lot online anywhere in recent time. Maybe I'll have to really look through what eBid sellers have that interest me.

I deleted my original PYA post. I'll have to figure out what what items will be best suited for promoting.

So I created a new Plug Your Auctions thread. Since I sell such a diverse variety of items, I couldn't just pick one kind of item to plug. I made sure to give detailed, in depth descriptions of my stores and what was in them. I also tried to make it specific by appealing to buyers of those items. When I bump it I will add specific items to it with pictures as was suggested earlier. Give it a look and tell me what you think.

I also listed a new batch of 17 items on eBid last night, which brings my item count to 135.

Can anyone tell me if they think my new PYA thread is good or not?

I am also working on some new listings for eBid right now.

I have been selling on another site with pretty good success for quite some time. However, I am fairly new to eBid. I imported my feedback and have 359 with 100% positive. I have had 416 items listed on eBid for about a month. I offer international shipping, free shipping and many of my items have no competition or the lowest price on eBid.

In the same month I have been using eBid I have sold around 50 items for around $1200.00 on the other e site. The same items and prices have zero sales on eBid.

It appears that the number of buyers utilizing eBid is small and sales are precious and few. Quickly losing faith. It just does not seem to be worth the effort.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Periandersun View Post
    I have been selling on another site with pretty good success for quite some time. However, I am fairly new to eBid. I imported my feedback and have 359 with 100% positive. I have had 416 items listed on eBid for about a month. I offer international shipping, free shipping and many of my items have no competition or the lowest price on eBid.

In the same month I have been using eBid I have sold around 50 items for around $1200.00 on the other e site. The same items and prices have zero sales on eBid.

It appears that the number of buyers utilizing eBid is small and sales are precious and few. Quickly losing faith. It just does not seem to be worth the effort.
    Therein lies one of your problems - you are competing with yourself by offering the same items with the same price - you need to lower your prices, at least 10% here on ebid if you want to encourage sales.

Another problem I see - you have no information on your About Me page - your customers need to know who they are dealing with - you need to have information about your terms and conditions of sale ie returns, payments due etc. this will protect both you and your customers when terms are laid out plain and clearly - your listings state Returns Accepted, but, under what conditions?

Hope this helps
    x

So can anyone tell me if my PYA thread is more in line with what it should be?

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    So can anyone tell me if my PYA thread is more in line with what it should be?
    I took a look and thought it was great but then it went on and on and I stopped reading. I like to mention just one thing on my plug and if it sells, great and if it doesn't then I delete that thread and mention something else instead. I was impressed with Kreative's plug - it made me go and have a look even though I have absolutely no need for wellies! lol
    Hope I've helped in some small way

So I should make a new one every day? Or should I just leave it with the introduction and bump it?

Thread Information