Thread: New to eBid - help getting set up

Forum Newbie
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    All-About refreshsales
    View refreshsales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation New to eBid - help getting set up

Afternoon all,

I have just discovered eBid and have already managed to set up an auction.
    i sell on eBay but as you all know the fees are too high and they generally make life hard.
    As i said i have managed to create an auction to "test the waters" but have no idea how to change my password, set information on my profile ect ect..

Also i dont really know what to expect when my auction is over? how will i know if someone asks me a question? will eBid inform me by email?
    has anyone else been a seller on eBay and changed to eBid? Anyone set up a seller+ account? how are you finding it?

Thanks for any help and advance!

Steve

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there Steve, Welcome to ebid, I dived in with both feet and paid for seller+, have made my money back and more besides, it really is worth it because you can have 5 stores and list for free with 5 photos per listing. You only have to pay a final fee if you sell. You will find the sales are not as high as on the other side, but hopefully things will pick up the more people that join us.

Welcome to ebid I'm also new from the other side. I have received so much help from the other members through the forums. Really great people here. Good Luck.

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Steve and welcome to ebid.

You will receive emails about bids, auctions ending, questions etc from ebid and I don't recollect any problems receiving them at all. Some people complain that thet don't sell here but we feel the investment of £49.00 was money well spent and it did not take long to recoup the investment and have done so many times over. We have been with ebid about a year.

There is some great information on the forum about all aspects of the site so its worth searching for what you want. Just a small point, I would include a photo of your item, it costs peanuts and in my view looks so much better and of course its true with any selling venue that the more stock on offer the more you will sell.

Hope it goes well for you

Phil
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knitandpurl View Post
    Hi there Steve, Welcome to ebid, I dived in with both feet and paid for seller+, have made my money back and more besides, it really is worth it because you can have 5 stores and list for free with 5 photos per listing. You only have to pay a final fee if you sell. You will find the sales are not as high as on the other side, but hopefully things will pick up the more people that join us.
    That's only if using gallery option at 2%.

x

We paid for a seller+ as soon as we joined. The cost was less than one month's listing fees on GreedBay, so we got our money back right away. Sales are slow, but they are picking up.

The first thing I do when I log on is click on the "My eBid" tab.

At the right, you'll see all the things you can update. For example, "My All About Me" is where you enter the information for the "All About the Seller" page.

The tabs at the top show if we sold anything, got any questions, etc.. If the numbers are all zero, nothing has happened.

Check it out, it's really easy to understand once you jump in. Also easy to fix it if you make any mistakes. I'm an expert on that!

Forum Newbie
    All-About refreshsales
    Forum Posts

Thanks everyone for getting back to me so quickly! iv had the chance to have a little look around and starting to get used to everything.
    Looking forward to using eBid to its full potential.

one thing i have found is that community on here is much more helpful and friendly then the Bay.
    fingers crossed more poeple will discover this site!

Thanks

Steve

Forum Newbie
    All-About longbeard
    View longbeard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Steve, how did you pay your upgrade, with PayPal or Credit Card? I am having trouble getting mine verified..

Forum Newbie
    All-About refreshsales
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by longbeard View Post
    Steve, how did you pay your upgrade, with PayPal or Credit Card? I am having trouble getting mine verified..
    Not done it yet, i will be paying by PayPal in the next week or so.

Another quick question for all you helpful people..

I read that eBid can link your listings to Google shopping? does this drive much traffic to your shops?

Thanks

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Steve

Google Shopping produces 99% of our business and we could not be on here without it - so yes, its pretty important ..... to us at least.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by refreshsales View Post
    Not done it yet, i will be paying by PayPal in the next week or so.

Another quick question for all you helpful people..

I read that eBid can link your listings to Google shopping? does this drive much traffic to your shops?

Thanks
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

Thread Information