Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Will I get hung drawn and quatered for this? (selling game disc question)

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Will I get hung drawn and quatered for this? (selling game disc question)

I recently got myself a lovely load of documentary DVDs second hand, and in sorting them out, I found all kinds of other random discs the previous owner had left mised up among them. Included in this load was a Playstation 2 game disc.
    Now I dont play computer/ video games, and it doesnt have its case, I would rather list it on here for super cheap and it go to someone who wants it, am I able to sell it (well just postage, basically) as it doesnt have any original packaging with it any more (it was stuffed in a case along with the case's proper DVD!).... It appears genuine and in reasonable condition as far as I can tell. I dont know if there are any rules about this kind of thing.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Will I get hung drawn and quatered for this? (selling game disc question)

Hi dark, sounds like a good idea to me, but as I don't sell DVDs/videos, I don't have a clue as to the rules regarding sales. My best guess is that if you list the item as you describe it above, it should be OK, but you might want to check with support first to see if there are restrictions/rules regarding DVD/game listings. I think copies need to be described as such, but originals without cases would, I suspect, be a different story.

How did your performance go? Did you win any prizes? IMHO you should have.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Will I get hung drawn and quatered for this? (selling game disc question)

I wouldnt even begin to sell a copy *cringe*. Too much a minefield.

No prizes in the competition performance, as we lost points because the women whose husbands died in the story, cried and the judge said that was unrealistic to cry (headdesk!!!!!!!) but it did go really well other than that, we performed it back here *WITHOUT* changing anything, the week after and broke our own box-office records and have had great feedback and several people phoning to know when our next shows are.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's OK to list as I've listed some PS2 game disks that my son left behind when he went off on his travels - and they are just the disks - no cover, no booklet, etc.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    I wouldnt even begin to sell a copy *cringe*. Too much a minefield.

No prizes in the competition performance, as we lost points because the women whose husbands died in the story, cried and the judge said that was unrealistic to cry (headdesk!!!!!!!) but it did go really well other than that, we performed it back here *WITHOUT* changing anything, the week after and broke our own box-office records and have had great feedback and several people phoning to know when our next shows are.
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, IMHO the judge who made the no crying comment should be hung, drawn and quartered. Glad the home folks appreciated it, it sounds like a wonderful play to me. If you ever make a video of your performance, I'd love to see it.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    as we lost points because the women whose husbands died in the story, cried and the judge said that was unrealistic to cry (headdesk!!!!!!!)
    There's a judge whose marriage probably doesn't bear close examination!

(just read the judge's comments to my husband who said "What? Are Brixham widows famously hard?")
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information