eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: refund

Forum Newbie
    All-About flowerpetals
    View flowerpetals's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question refund

I have received two items, one a replacement which had same damage and mal-function. I have requested full refund which seller agreed but in an email seller states she will need some time. I didn't have this choice when I purchased it. What can I do besides wait??

Default Re: refund

How did you pay for the item, if it was with paypal then you need to go to your paypal acct & open a dispute case.
    If you paid directly with a credit card then you will need to contact the credit card company.

How long has it been since you paid for the item, with paypal you have 45 days to file a dispute.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpetals View Post
    I have received two items, one a replacement which had same damage and mal-function. I have requested full refund which seller agreed but in an email seller states she will need some time. I didn't have this choice when I purchased it. What can I do besides wait??
    List more items, use proper keywords, report to admin... sorry wait, wrong scenario.

Naturally try to work it out with seller first. If that fails take appropriate action.

Buyer protection here is the same as any other site, eBid just don't brag about it!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    List more items, use proper keywords, report to admin... sorry wait, wrong scenario.

Naturally try to work it out with seller first. If that fails take appropriate action.

Buyer protection here is the same as any other site, eBid just don't brag about it!
    What Al said. If the seller is willing to work things out, IMHO that's the best place to start. I'd only escalate to Paypal/cc company if the seller doesn't hold up his/her end of the deal. Did the seller let you know how long it would be before he/she would refund? Sometimes folks have to wait for paychecks and the like, especially if it's a good amount of money, not sure if that's the case here or not and I'm certainly not excusing the delay, just mentioning this as a possibility.

If things don't work out, you may need to open a PP dispute, (as mentioned above you have 45 days to open a dispute through Paypal). If this is the case, you may want to contact eBid support about the situation: support@ebid.net as well.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sometimes find that if i have already spent the paypal money and then have to refund it takes 2 working days for the money to come from my debit card into my account as i dont have my paypal linked to my bank. Maybe your seller also has this problem. Ask what the problem with a refund, is just incase.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Hang on Let me see if I got this right

you purchased an item it didn't turn up in the time frame, so you informed the seller, the seller sent a replacement which has some damage and doesn't work, surely if you got the original the best thing would be to let the seller know that you are returning the one that doesn't work, why would you want a full refund if the 1st item is working?

Sorry if I mis-understood
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with trying to work it out with the seller; but keeping a tight eye on the time left to file a dispute if necessary. Would not be unusual if seller spent the funds. Time needed could just be the need to get funds back in account and cleared for the refund.

Forum Newbie
    All-About flowerpetals
    Forum Posts

First damaged item was returned, then replacement was sent to me with same damages. I want the full amount I paid for listed "NEW" item before I return replacement. Does this clarify the situation for you?

Forum Newbie
    All-About flowerpetals
    Forum Posts

What does IMHO stand for?? Yes, I paid through paypal and will note the time frame. The seller didn't write how long I have to wait, just some time to refund me.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

What does IMHO stand for?? Yes, I paid through paypal and will note the time frame. The seller didn't write how long I have to wait, just some time to refund me.
    IMHO = "In My Honest Opinion"

From what you have stated in post 8, you understandably should expect a full refund (s/h cost included IMHO)

Thread Information