eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shops with many sales but no feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyMike View Post
    Hi Kedo & CornishMaid.

It seems from what you say there is no mechanism where a store owner can 'hide' feedback it's just that they haven't received any yet.... and also that feedback is harder to receive on ebid.

I suppose one has to work that much harder to make an impact!

Thanks for your comments.
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

It looks to me that this seller just started to sell last month and has put all his items in his stores, etc. He last visited a few days ago. Is doing everything right but does not have any sales yet (i.e. no feedback). Given that he sells custom auto parts, speciality items fewer people use, that is not unusual. The sales will come, he has done all the hard work already. He did not ask for help yet.

Marketing depends on what you sell, where you sell it, how you present the items and more. Those who sell a variety of items, at a variety of prices do better on ebid than those who sell only one thing at a set price.

We ask new sellers to read old forums for selling/marketing tips, and if those do not generate sales, come back to the forums and ask for help. Don't wait more than a few weeks as it often just takes a tweek or two to get sales coming. We help anyone who asks.

I have found that buyers are different on ebid, that is the biggest difference. They do not spend lots of time on line, do not fool around in bidding wars. They buy outright or they buy for that first bid price (so price accordingly). If two buyers go after one of my items, one always drops out and bids on a similiar one. Very unusual buyer behavior, but that is the way they bid here. So do not start auctions low (you will get no bids), but at a price at you are comfortable selling item for.

Economy has great deal to do with it too. Don't sell only high priced items, sell some that are below $20, those are more popular now. And of course, don't have high shipping prices. Spell out the shipping terms and prices in the listing. Buyer will NOT bother to contact you for infor.

Welcome to ebid. If you have any questions or problems, just ask, someone is always here to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyMike View Post
    Looking at some of the ebid shops in the car parts section - they seem to have 1,000s of listings but zero feedback.

How is this possible?

Thanks

Mike
    This happens with speciality shops all the top. Brick and mortar and on line. I went past a local popular hunting/fishing store yesterday and the parking lot was empty. Why? I don't hunt/fish and their clothes are very high end, so I don't bother going in. They run no advertising, no sales, so I don't have incentive to go in and look around. I have occasionally bought there, small fishing items I used to make jewelry (connectors, etc), but they are doing little to get customers in, so are losing money.

Same with an auto store that sells only speciality auto parts, like the store you looked at. He has set up last month, he perhaps is contacting old customers, making sure items come up on google, etc. and planning a sale to get people to look. But bottom line, do you need a new window for your car? I don't. If he also carried car related collectables too, his sales might be higher and these things would get the international people interested. At this point I need no new window, especially one from the UK.

When sellers come to ebid they have to pay special attention to marketing their items. Marketing them via the google link, marketing to old customers, marketing them to groups that buy that particular item etc. feebay spoiled us because we did not have to do anything but list. With the traffic feebay has, that was enough. As I see it, many sellers got sloppy and forgot their selling basics. Now they are here having to relearn those basics of selling, i.e. write good searchable title.

Hope that answers your questions.

I can't speak of course for any individual member, but the people who look at the car listings are enthusiasts and not the sort of people who buy a new car every three years and get it serviced at a garage. I'm sure that the sort of products listed here are targeted at the right market, but I wonder if the marketing is? You don't need to spend afortune on advertising; there are literally hundreds of internet forums which between them cover just about every make and model of car. Joining and posting on these, with not too obvious links, can be quite successful. Blogs and your own information websites can also work effectively. It's a case of finding the right vehicle (dreadful pun intended!)

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think cars,car parts and tools for car repairs are relatively low volume sales on any auction site.
    Ebid buyers also seem more relaxed and laid back than on the dark side for instance and although happy enough with their purchases don't worry too much about leaving feedback.

Thread Information