Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: So who won the prize?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: So who won the prize?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    A Kindle is of no use when you are sat reading while on the toilet and find the toilet roll empty. Progress????
    LOL! Hope you're not speaking from personal experience...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    A Kindle is of no use when you are sat reading while on the toilet and find the toilet roll empty. Progress????
    Kindle and new generations of buyer’s don’t care for that…just ask around how many buy real book in the last 12 months and how many buy for the kindle…is easy, is cheap, is not going to took your space, you’re no need to worry after couple years for this book if you try to sell and worry for shipping prices…people just don’t get it…
    Is just like photo camera before and digital camera right now…you can see where is ‘’Kodak’’ now with photo camera and where is digital camera now…how many use regular camera and shoot picture took to the store pay for that wait hour or two and took it in own home…this day’s all this stuff becomes history…and by the way I send very large picture for my friend ‘’Trish’’ I took this from my comp, print, took many as I like small size big size and not pay for that nothing extra and top of that no any differences from regular photo shoot and my digital photo shoot all pictures is perfect...and person can always buy for $15.00 both color's for the printer and print about 300 pictures from that color you no need to go for overpriced color's and pay $50 or more for one color all this stuff is all around net and no difference from original package and from color which comes only with catidges..…people just get real similar stuff happening this day’s with the books too…but always will be some buyer’s for the old way of books but I talking about selling and business for that likes before this all stuff will fade very fast…AMEN…….

I read between 4-7 books a week and sell about 4 a week.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    On the news tonight they said that it is believed that less than 1 person in 4 has read a book in the past 12 months.

I gotta admit - I havent!
    Good grief, I've read a book in the last twelve minutes. I read hardbacks, paperbacks and kindle ebooks. I listen to audio books. I sell books online for myself, I sell books in a shop for pay, I sell books online for pay, I sell books voluntarily for charity, I have books in every single room of my home. I can't imagine a life without books. *shudder*

Agree with Kim & Spyder. A world without books (or music) would be an awful place to be. I read every day, fiction & non fiction.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Agree with Kim & Spyder. A world without books (or music) would be an awful place to be. I read every day, fiction & non fiction.
    Me too!
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

A life without books!

Books help you disappear into another world, books help you if you're feeling low, books make you laugh, cry, think. I've said it before, there is nothing like the feel and smell of a new book, nothing like turning to the first page and it grabs you. There's nothing like a treasured old book and all the memories of where you were, who you were with, or what you were doing around the time you bought it.

And happy accidents can happen with books such as when one buys a second-hand book and an old letter falls out or, much as I don't like writing in books, finding a lovely note on the title page to somebody in love, or to a relative or friend. I've got books with messages to or from the authors that I didn't find till I got them home, wonderful surprises.

Like Kim, I have bookshelves, boxes, cases, table tops and windowsills and under the bed, with books on or in them.

A life without books for me: no thank you.

PS to Juliebabe. I still use pen and ink.
    Last edited by LesliesDaughter; 23rd November 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Ive always got a book on the go, prefer books to TV.

Thought about A kIindle but dont have a wireless connecftion and some new books on Kindle are sometimes more expensive than a Paperback.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LesliesDaughter View Post

PS to Juliebabe. I still use pen and ink.
    I use all manner of biro, fibre-tipped, marker pen, pencil etc... but there's still a fountain pen tucked in my wallet at all times.

Dont get me wrong - I have books in the house and I use them. I just dont read them.

I even have about 20 recipe books in the kitchen - maybe opened them once each!
    If am looking for a recipe, I just head straight for google.

Also the odd book os handy for shoring stuff up - eg I have 4 stuffed under my keyboard shelf to stop it falling thru the rails while I am golfing online.
    (aint got a clue what they are tho!)

Any reading I do is online - and never read a book there either (with the possible exception of the occasional e-book with betting information).

But as for sitting down with the intention of reading a book - just not my thing.

If I wanna sit down for some relaxation - I lay on the settee, put on one of the dozens of Rondo Veneziano albums I have (www.rondoveneziano.com - shows all 70 of their albums, and can play parts from every track available), and just close my eyes.
    (full track sample on youtube...
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 23rd November 2011 at 01:36 PM.

Thread Information