Thread: Site needs improvement - couple suggestions

Forum Newbie
    New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
    View stickerjoe's Feedback (+1)
    All-About stickerjoe
    View stickerjoe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Site needs improvement - couple suggestions

I was pleased to find a product that i've been searching for here on ebid available through one of your sellers. The listing came up in google's 'shopping' results along with a couple other sites. Im currently an eBay seller and long time web developer and i'm excited to see eBay alternatives pop up and hope this continues to grow into a viable competitor to eBay/Amazon.

First suggestion... A real pain in the ass to me was after I located the item I was searching to purchase I had to register with your site (not the problem) the problem was after registering I had to go search for the item I wanted to purchase all over again.

Seriously, fix this.. When a user adds an item to cart and goes through the hassle of registering, activating, etc... Display the item the user came to your site in the first place to buy, before anything else. Before trying to get them to purchase your selling upgrade or whatever it is you're trying to sell. It's very frustrating to users to have to double search the items they intend on purchasing.

The site design is cluttered and very unfriendly to users. I'm sure once you get use to the layout it's less confusing but your users shouldn't have to get use to the way you have organized your site. You should adapt your site to new users.

Also, I know it may be expensive and I think it should be illegal for people to do this... (but they do it anyways) Buy ebid.com! if you're going to compete with eBay and such (or at least steal a small portion of their market share) you're going to have a hard time doing it with ebid.net. I have found reviews for 'your' site and the reviews even list it as ebid.com. You guys are losing a lot of juice there.

People are searching for eBay alternatives. In the past decade of dealing with them and paypal I can guarantee this. There are many sellers dying to find another online auction giant to sell with. Although after dealing with eBay and such they are definitely hesitant and you're site lacks legitimacy.

I still considering creating a seller+ account on here and may do so after further research.

Hope this post makes it to the people that it needs to and hope you guys can continue growing.

StickerJOE.com

Default Re: Site needs improvement - couple suggestions

There has been a lot of discussion about buying eBid.com. The bottom line is that the owner wants way too much money for it.

If you have found the wrong name on any review sites, would you share them with us? This is something I've never seen, and if it has happened we might be able to get them to fix it.

Glad you found us. I have been on here 18 months, and in that time there have been many improvements to the site, but the guys are always keen to hear what people have to say, and given time, they do pick up on what the members want if it is feasible.

Hope you take up the seller+, you sound like the type of seller we need, and I am sure you would enjoy the forums. The site is growing, apparently more so on your side of the pond. My sales are now up well over 100% since the beginning of the year, and that growth is ongoing. Sales are slower here, but you do get to keep more of the proceeds. If you do decide to join us as a seller then check out some of the advice on the forums, or just ask, there's always somebody willing to help out, as selling is slightly different than on eBay (I was on there for over 7 years), but ignore what some of the doomsters say, you can sell.

All the best for your sales, wherever they may be.

I do not think the site is cluttered, but agree that new users shouldn't have to go back and find the item.
    I am in support of a P&P lowest first option when buying products! Please help us simplify buying!
    |
    |
    v
    http://forums.ebid.net/showthread.ph...P-Lowest-first

I am against imported feedback.

I just checked 3 other sites and none of them show P&P as part of the price in the list. Maybe I don't understand what the issue is, which isn't unusual. No matter where you shop there is some sort of sign in or sign up. When you hit the back button after finishing that business you can go right back to where you want to be. I think when I signed up that was stated on the sign-up screen. Did that go away, or is this another senior moment, or is it something the grandkids taught me?

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion about buying eBid.com. The bottom line is that the owner wants way too much money for it.
    Its a shame that people can buy domain names and just sit on them for a great profit, if they are not actually used after a while they should be put back in the pool

Thumbs up Re: Site needs improvement - couple suggestions

[QUOTE=TiasTreasures;1445085]There has been a lot of discussion about buying eBid.com. The bottom line is that the owner wants way too much money for it.

I have a suggestion for that, so be it if he wants a bucket of money for it, bottom line it will benefit each and everyone of us....so. how many of us are there registered on eBid? Enough to consider investing in "our" ebid and collectively buying the domain....easy way to do this is to state amount needed to purchase, have ebid and owner of the .com draw up a sale agreement and then send out email to each ebid member for a donation for example $1. $5. $10 $20 $50 $100. I for one would toss a 20.00 bill in as I know it would come back in sales tenfold......This same idea could be used for advertising......maybe I am dreaming but it is a thought that would work with enough forward looking members!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    Its a shame that people can buy domain names and just sit on them for a great profit, if they are not actually used after a while they should be put back in the pool
    Would that work the same if you bought a piece of undeveloped real estate and then decided to sit on it while other property owners decided to build on theirs? Or if you purchased the movie rights to a novel, but didn't immediately produce a movie? The owner bought the dot com domain so unless he or she decides to sell it there is nothing to be done.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverDiecast View Post

I have a suggestion for that, so be it if he wants a bucket of money for it, bottom line it will benefit each and everyone of us....so. how many of us are there registered on eBid? Enough to consider investing in "our" ebid and collectively buying the domain....easy way to do this is to state amount needed to purchase, have ebid and owner of the .com draw up a sale agreement and then send out email to each ebid member for a donation for example $1. $5. $10 $20 $50 $100. I for one would toss a 20.00 bill in as I know it would come back in sales tenfold......This same idea could be used for advertising......maybe I am dreaming but it is a thought that would work with enough forward looking members!
    Where "forward looking" means "eBidders with the same priorities, and the same concerns as me". As it so often does.

I don't give a coot's about the dot com and I have no interest in paying for it. Not that it matters, because I can't for a nano-second imagine the guys going for such an arrangement.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…anybody can look all other alternative auction sites all rest of 15 and every one has .com in the own name but nothing changes and still same after many years because if eBay don’t have .com and do anyway big advertising same results will come up…and with .com and no advertising no avail…
    In my opinion .com don’t mean much because if mean much we will be see already some of alternative auction sites close to eBay business but as anyone can see not even one…not even close come after many…many…years…

Thread Information